Discovery Sport Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve been holding off responding as I had all the issues you’ve all been experiencing however the issue was eventually diagnosed by my dealer technician after it being in the dealership on two occasions over a 7 week period.
Firstly they change the heater unit, completed several updates on software that hadn’t downloaded, changed out some control modules however these amendments never resolved the issue. It wasn’t until I took out the technician and showed him the problems I was experiencing that things moved forward. He discussed the matter with the LR technical team at HQ and the fault was traced to a fuel module that had got corrupted and lost memory. The technician took the car through a learning cycle which cured the cars issue completely. No more problems driving in Hybrid or EV mode.
The HQ technical team should be aware of this matter and I would suggest you discuss this with your own dealers. Obviously this was my experience and yours may be the same. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
That could be very useful information thanks for sharing.

I emailed lradvice the other day about this and they have asked for my dealer’s details so maybe communication about the issue is finally getting around. We can only live in hope.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a March 21 evoque p300e - I’ve had EV issues where the car just suddenly decided to kick the engine on despite being in EV mode and won’t switch back. It’s spent a total of 10 weeks at the dealership since sept . I’ve had software updates, a new rear electric driver unit but they decided it was a “build up of static” and have put “hydrogel” on something - basically the car is not fixed. EV mode is constantly overridden by the petrol engine and it seems random when it happens.

it’s going back again this week. I’ve had £1000 compensation from land rover so I hope you are all getting the same. The EV engineer told me it might be a high voltage coolant thing ????? But basically he has not idea .
I’ve already told them I’m about to give the car back and want a full refund for a car that’s never worked right .

seems like they just aren’t there withEV/hybrid technology ☹
My disco sport has been in for almost 3 weeks and still no sign of the high voltage coolant heater! I’ve asked them to repair a scratched alloy which they are doing whilst the car is sat in their workshop and they’re also giving me a free service. However it’s good to know you got £1000 compensation so if the issue continues I’ll be onto them! Good luck everyone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’ve been holding off responding as I had all the issues you’ve all been experiencing however the issue was eventually diagnosed by my dealer technician after it being in the dealership on two occasions over a 7 week period.
Firstly they change the heater unit, completed several updates on software that hadn’t downloaded, changed out some control modules however these amendments never resolved the issue. It wasn’t until I took out the technician and showed him the problems I was experiencing that things moved forward. He discussed the matter with the LR technical team at HQ and the fault was traced to a fuel module that had got corrupted and lost memory. The technician took the car through a learning cycle which cured the cars issue completely. No more problems driving in Hybrid or EV mode.
The HQ technical team should be aware of this matter and I would suggest you discuss this with your own dealers. Obviously this was my experience and yours may be the same. Hope it helps.
Thanks triggers broom. I’ve copied your post and emailed it to the dealership so they’ve no excuse! I’ve been told the eta for my coolant heater is Tuesday next week so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Battery fully charged, charging cable connected. Nevertheless, the remote pre-conditioning does not warm up the vehicle. Another indication that the electric heater has failed. I am curious about the diagnosis of the workshop.
Result of the diagnosis in the service center: The high-voltage heater must be replaced. Replacement part is ordered, delivery date unknown.
For short distances, I now switch off the heating and air conditioning and can then cover them purely electrically in EV mode. With a jacket, it's bearable even at low temperatures thanks to the heated steering wheel and seats. I start long trips in hybrid mode right away.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Car was in for a whole 5 hours before they agreed with everything you guys have posted on the faulty heater - I took it all in with the car and explained so thankyou all for the info! Bet I'd have not had a diagnosis this fast otherwise.
They are letting me know when the part will be available - hopefully not too long fingers crossed

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good Morning,

I'm curious to see if anyone has had the same experience with their P300e.

This morning, while in Hybrid mode, I noticed that the petrol engine was running rather than the EV as it normally does on short trips. After about 15 mins, I pulled up at some lights and switched it off and then back on again. The car pulls away in EV and all seemed fine. A little later the petrol cuts in again and remains on, I try and force EV but get the following message "EV temporarily not available". Once again, pull over, switch off the car, switch it back on, EV works fine until the petrol cuts in again and we are back into the same cycle.

Interestingly, the EV is working because if you put your foot down or go up a hill, you feel and see the EV engine cut in to support the petrol.

Has anyone had anything similar happen with their P300e?

Thanks

I've just seen your post. We have an Evoque P300e which has a similar fault. It rarely runs on electric only even when fully charged. It's been like it for several months and has been in to Land Rover Southampton twice. The first time the couldn't find anything wrong and the second time the have diagnosed that a coolant heater is not working. The part has been on order for 2 months now with no expected delivery date.

·
Registered
863 Posts
This does highlight the low quality of (some) parts used in DS

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, after just over 3 weeks at the dealership I’ve finally got my car back with a new high voltage coolant heater, several software updates and an engine re-learn!! So far so good, done around 45miles and all on EV (not on one charge obviously!) No reverting to ICE or hybrid.
They told me last week that due to parts shortages, the part wouldn’t be in until December however it came in on Wednesday. Got my car back yesterday.
So far, as a goodwill gesture they’ve repaired a scuffed black gloss alloy and given me a free service plan so it’s worth asking what they will do to compensate for the inconvenience.
Good luck everyone! Keep the faith because when it works as it should it’s a lovely car.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I wonder if it’s a faulty batch of heaters, or if they just aren’t up to the job? Hopefully the former and the replacements last a suitable length of time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I've been having the exact same issue since 30th July. Had it in at the dealers on 9th September. They diagnosed a faulty high voltage coolant heater. They have the replacement part in stock but are not able to fit it as it requires a special tool. This tool has been on order since early August!
70 plated discovery sport (p300e) with 5k miles, car went in for diagnostics following an amber engine warning fault, and lots of misfiring, i was originally advised i was ok to keep driving it as the booking was a week away, that was 1/11/2021, result of diagnostic output, the car could suffer a catastrophic engine failure if i were to keep driving so they have taken off the road waiting on parts, advised no ETA as none available nationwide (high voltage heater).

·
Registered
MY21 P300e HSE
3 Posts
Hi all - really useful info in here. I have a 71 plate P300e and it’s been great with the hybrid system since we got it (few cosmetic issues on delivery). However since the wireless CarPlay update the car seems to want to use the engine a lot. If I set off in EV it will use the battery until I switch to hybrid and ask for the engine with acceleration. Then the engine remains on and the car refuses to use the EV accept under acceleration. Also the engine is not using the start/stop either. Any ideas is this related to the update (only did this the other day). Or something else?

·
Registered
MY21 P300e HSE Santorini Black with stuff but only one keyfob
7 Posts
Hi, 71-plate P300e here as well - I think it says something in the release notes about "resetting learning for PHEVs"? Certainly mine for about a day was very reluctant to turn off the engine, but seems more or less back to normal now - I think the hybrid system has a tough job to do ( does the user want loads of power right now, or are they trying to save fuel? ), whilst providing a smooth experience - starting and stopping the engine is not instantaneous - I think the marketing message of "30 miles EV then petrol" is a bit too simplified...

·
Registered
MY21 P300e HSE
3 Posts
Hi, 71-plate P300e here as well - I think it says something in the release notes about "resetting learning for PHEVs"? Certainly mine for about a day was very reluctant to turn off the engine, but seems more or less back to normal now - I think the hybrid system has a tough job to do ( does the user want loads of power right now, or are they trying to save fuel? ), whilst providing a smooth experience - starting and stopping the engine is not instantaneous - I think the marketing message of "30 miles EV then petrol" is a bit too simplified...
Thanks - I have it booked in for a strange noise under braking (intermitantly) when using the EV - I've added it to the list but hopefully sorts its self out! Interested if anyone else has had the braking noise - sounds a little like a grinding and only happens sometimes!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks - I have it booked in for a strange noise under braking (intermitantly) when using the EV - I've added it to the list but hopefully sorts its self out! Interested if anyone else has had the braking noise - sounds a little like a grinding and only happens sometimes!
I had the slight grinding noise when I picked mine up after being in for 3 weeks to sort the high voltage heater problem. As I drove out of the service area an noticed it so drove around the compound for a few minutes and went straight back into the service area. The engineer got in the car with me and he agreed he could hear/feel it too. They had a quick look and said it was dust/rust on the brakes due to being stood still for 3’weeks. I don’t think I’ve heard it since but I’ll keep my ears open now!!!

·
Registered
MY21 P300e HSE
3 Posts
I had the slight grinding noise when I picked mine up after being in for 3 weeks to sort the high voltage heater problem. As I drove out of the service area an noticed it so drove around the compound for a few minutes and went straight back into the service area. The engineer got in the car with me and he agreed he could hear/feel it too. They had a quick look and said it was dust/rust on the brakes due to being stood still for 3’weeks. I don’t think I’ve heard it since but I’ll keep my ears open now!!!
Useful I did wonder if it was this!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evening all. I have had a similar problem with my DS P300e EV. My car has just hit 6000 miles, this issue started at about 5500 miles. I had an average of 95 mpg. (over about 3000 miles) yes I use a lot of EV! This has now gone to 64 mpg average as the EV is pretty much non existent. On top of that I have now got a solid Amber engine warning light (Emissions fault) - thankfully I have it booked in for a service on 20.12.21. My first brand new car and my first LandRover - extremely frustrated!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2nd of December 2021

Hi there, I'm having the exact same problems with my brand new Discovery Hybrid, and there, still, does not seem to be a solution. LandRover in the Netherlands acknowledges the problem, but don't have an answer yet. And my Discovery is now almost every day from time to time falling out of EV modus (and off course with a fully charged battery).

Can I ask if the problems with your car are solved?
regards, Ingrid

Good Morning,

I'm curious to see if anyone has had the same experience with their P300e.

This morning, while in Hybrid mode, I noticed that the petrol engine was running rather than the EV as it normally does on short trips. After about 15 mins, I pulled up at some lights and switched it off and then back on again. The car pulls away in EV and all seemed fine. A little later the petrol cuts in again and remains on, I try and force EV but get the following message "EV temporarily not available". Once again, pull over, switch off the car, switch it back on, EV works fine until the petrol cuts in again and we are back into the same cycle.

Interestingly, the EV is working because if you put your foot down or go up a hill, you feel and see the EV engine cut in to support the petrol.

Has anyone had anything similar happen with their P300e?

Thanks

61 - 80 of 85 Posts