Discovery Sport Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi FThewlis

Looking forward to hearing the outcome of your next visit to the dealer. Mine goes in 8/11 for a full week. I’ll certainly post back.

It would be useful for us to post our software versions because some have suggested the problem was fixed with ‘the latest software’ and I have been waiting for this latest software for about a month now.

Mine is 2.1.3e installed 18th September.

Regards
Hi, burtonjk,

My latest software is the same as yoursinstalled 17/9. Although it was last in the dealership on 6/10 when they said they’d installed around 6 different updates however these aren’t showing on the screen!
I’ll ask about this on Wednesday on my next visit.
will let you know what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi FThewlis

Looking forward to hearing the outcome of your next visit to the dealer. Mine goes in 8/11 for a full week. I’ll certainly post back.

It would be useful for us to post our software versions because some have suggested the problem was fixed with ‘the latest software’ and I have been waiting for this latest software for about a month now.

Mine is 2.1.3e installed 18th September.

Regards
My software:

Vehicle connectivity system: 19.3,

Infotainment software updated 13/5/21, version S21A_21.10.6-676616

·
Registered
13 Posts
Car has been at the dealership since Wednesday, they’ve found a fault with the heater - there’s a shock! Part is on back order so god only knows when it will be sorted! Ridiculous for a 6mth old car. I’ve got a scratch on one of my black gloss alloys so going to ask them to sort it as some sort of compensation….won’t hold my breath.
Will update on here if and when the issue is fixed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My p300e has had a day in the dealership today with their EV Technician. The "EV Temporarily Not Available" issue has been diagnosed as a fault with the High Voltage Coolant Heater (thanks FThewlis, your post certainly helped hasten the diagnosis). Again the part is on back order, a date couldn't be provided. As the works are expected to take 10 hours, mine is preliminary booked in for just before xmas when they have a loan car available.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good luck RichardP1, let’s hope it is the coolant heater! Mine is still in the workshop waiting for the part on back order, it’s been there since last Wednesday and no sign of a date yet!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good Morning,

I'm curious to see if anyone has had the same experience with their P300e.

This morning, while in Hybrid mode, I noticed that the petrol engine was running rather than the EV as it normally does on short trips. After about 15 mins, I pulled up at some lights and switched it off and then back on again. The car pulls away in EV and all seemed fine. A little later the petrol cuts in again and remains on, I try and force EV but get the following message "EV temporarily not available". Once again, pull over, switch off the car, switch it back on, EV works fine until the petrol cuts in again and we are back into the same cycle.

Interestingly, the EV is working because if you put your foot down or go up a hill, you feel and see the EV engine cut in to support the petrol.

Has anyone had anything similar happen with their P300e?

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

I have my Disco Sport HSE since February 2021 and chose the P300e PlugIn because I want to drive short distances purely electric with solar power. Initially everything went as expected.
But since the software update on August 12 to OS 2.1.0e P2c3, the EV mode can no longer be forced. Even at moderate temperatures and when the car is fully charged and preconditioned, the combustion engine starts and it cannot be switched to EV for a long time. The error message is "EV Temporarily Not Available". After that, it keeps switching from EV to hybrid mode.
I do not want to put up with this behavior. The dealer has not responded to my complaint. Who will stand in solidarity with me to force Land Rover to do better?

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good luck RichardP1, let’s hope it is the coolant heater! Mine is still in the workshop waiting for the part on back order, it’s been there since last Wednesday and no sign of a date yet!
I got OS 2.1.6 on 3rd Nov. I would say there is a slight improvement in that I can get onto battery earlier and stay on it for longer. However it is far from the original and expected: turn car on and drive on battery until it runs out.

Mine went into the dealership today and they have diagnosed the coolant heater as expected. As other posters, there is no date on availability of the part as yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got OS 2.1.6 on 3rd Nov. I would say there is a slight improvement in that I can get onto battery earlier and stay on it for longer. However it is far from the original and expected: turn car on and drive on battery until it runs out.

Mine went into the dealership today and they have diagnosed the coolant heater as expected. As other posters, there is no date on availability of the part as yet.
Even after the automatic update to 2.1.6 the EV mode is temporarily not available. Now I will check the electric coolant heater. Is there a menu for vehicle check in PIVI?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've now got the same issue. Ev won't come on until around a mile into a journey and then keeps flicking back to hybrid at varying intervals. The only time it will start and remain solely in ev is if the heating is not on.

I've had a technician out to look at it who found numerous faults and did a complete update on the system but to no avail. Its booked in on Wednesday for a diagnostic with the dealership, I've sent them info from this post as seems to be the same issue relating to the heating system so hoping that'll help find an issue sooner rather than later.
Since I've had the issue my software won't state a version or a date of update which even the technician noted was very strange.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Battery fully charged, charging cable connected. Nevertheless, the remote pre-conditioning does not warm up the vehicle. Another indication that the electric heater has failed. I am curious about the diagnosis of the workshop.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Battery fully charged, charging cable connected. Nevertheless, the remote pre-conditioning does not warm up the vehicle. Another indication that the electric heater has failed. I am curious about the diagnosis of the workshop.
And now everything makes sense. Although I have been able to set a date and time for vehicle precondition it has never been any warmer in the car than the ambient temperature outside!
I too had the background update on the 5th but still the only way to force EV mode on permanently is to turn off the heating system. Seems like my electric heater may have failed to?

·
Registered
MY21 p300e
4 Posts
Car has been at the dealership since Wednesday, they’ve found a fault with the heater - there’s a shock! Part is on back order so god only knows when it will be sorted! Ridiculous for a 6mth old car. I’ve got a scratch on one of my black gloss alloys so going to ask them to sort it as some sort of compensation….won’t hold my breath.
Will update on here if and when the issue is fixed.
Same experience here. Malfunctioning heater, no idea when they will be able to fix it. :-(

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a March 21 evoque p300e - I’ve had EV issues where the car just suddenly decided to kick the engine on despite being in EV mode and won’t switch back. It’s spent a total of 10 weeks at the dealership since sept . I’ve had software updates, a new rear electric driver unit but they decided it was a “build up of static” and have put “hydrogel” on something - basically the car is not fixed. EV mode is constantly overridden by the petrol engine and it seems random when it happens.

it’s going back again this week. I’ve had £1000 compensation from land rover so I hope you are all getting the same. The EV engineer told me it might be a high voltage coolant thing ????? But basically he has not idea .
I’ve already told them I’m about to give the car back and want a full refund for a car that’s never worked right .

seems like they just aren’t there withEV/hybrid technology ☹

41 - 60 of 85 Posts