Discovery Sport Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey spikkyboy what did you replace your DS with? I'm looking around myself at the moment.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I had a stinking smell following a Regen and it was diagnosed as carbon debris had escaped from DPF through a faulty clamp and stuck on the heat shield.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Mine has been leaking on and off for several years, it is going in next week for either 5th or 6th attempt to repair. I have reported to DVSA, but they came back and said that LR said the level of fumes isn't enough to kill you and so if LR say that, then it is OK......... No recall needed. :x

I now don't want the car, and am looking to see if LR will do me a really really good deal on getting rid, or it will be the Small Claims court route to recover my losses.

Paul

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all

I picked up a 2018 DS HSE on Sunday and today I had a fault light and warning appear.

Deisel Exhaust Fluid dosing malfunction. No engine restarts possible in 540 miles.

No idea what this means or how serious it is. I have a 3 year warranty and will be in touch with the garage tomorrow but thought I'd message to see if anyone can provide some clarification and advice?

Thank you in advance :)

David

Just searching the forum for similar issues and it seems this issue is prevelant to the DS. Such a shame!

·
Registered
846 Posts
That’s why I gotten a petrol this time 🧐

·
Registered
Discovery Sport Landmark edition 2019
25 Posts
Not sure if you the error written correctly but it just sounds like you need to refill your adblue fluid as with most modern diesels !

·
Registered
389 Posts
Does it say level low or dosing malfunction?
I suspect the latter is a fault - needs the jet cleaning or maybe a replacement. Still with a warranty, nothing to worry about. Just get it sorted before you do the mileage as it will refuse to start after that. Could also be down to it being parked for an extended period as DEF can crystallise and clog itself up (how long has it been parked up in the dealer system?)

I have never bought a used car that didn't need something sorting the first few weeks... actually, that's not true, oddly my current DS didn't see the inside of a workshop for 18 months after it was delivered .. but that's the anomaly every other car needed a few minor things doing and in truth the DS did have a small coolant leak, just didn't spot it until the service. Last Freelander needed a bluetooth module, previous one a fuel sender, Jag a boot lid wiring loom, on my Mercs I had lists! (and all 12-18 months old).
So I'd not worry about it. Just bob it back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
The car has now broken down. Within 20 seconds of driving the kids to school, smoke started coming from the engine and into the car. I only got this car on Sunday from Big Motoring World who apparently do over 200 checks on the vehicle!? Absolute rubbish!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
The car has now broken down. Within 20 seconds of driving the kids to school, smoke started coming from the engine and into the car. I only got this car on Sunday from Big Motoring World who apparently do over 200 checks on the vehicle!? Absolute rubbish!
You will now have two options, reject the car outright or they will have to warranty repair it.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'd see what the fault is first and then as RPR says, consider rejecting if it's not one of those daft things that can just happen.
200 checks is total garbage. Just marketing really Does it have wheels at each corner? yes? That's 4 done, wipers? Another 2. Doesn't take long to get to 200 and covers nothing of real value.
If it makes you feel any better, I had an Audi A3 blow up 1 day and 30 miles old. My first ever Merc, a 3 year old C class (back in the 90's when Mercs were still expensive, rare and special things), managed 10 miles before it refused to start and had to return to the dealer on a low loader.
It happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this exact problem today with my 2018 HSE DS4. No idea what the issue is and currently back with the dealership. Any idea what the cause was? Realise this is an old thread so may not get a response…

·
Registered
14 Posts
This happened to my DS HSE DS4 2018 today. It happened very suddenly and the kids said they felt sick, after we pulled up and exited the vehicle. This seems really serious for those cars that are affected. My VIN is within this range so seems to be a possible root-cause.

Should I be able to ask for evidence that this “Notice” has been acted on in accordance with its instructions? I’m concerned that my dealership (Big Motoring World) will do anything to avoid liability and cost.

Today was quite scary and has certainly changed my view of LR.

Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
I believe this is the exact issue I am facing with my DS HSE SD4 2018. The UPS is applicable to my car as it's matches the criteria for model, year and VIN. My car broke down today as I was taking my children to school. Suddenly smoke was coming out from under the bonnet and the smoke/fumes and odor was filling the passenger compartment. We immediately exited the vehicle and I subbmited a break-down through the Big Warrant app provided by the dealership Big Motoring World. Really awful experience as the kids felt sick from the fumes and Big Motoring Worlds customer service has been terrible.

I have emailed them asking if they complied with the UPS and whether or not they can provide evidence. I have also emailed the JLR Field Service team using the email within the UPS Notice to see if they can confirm if the vehicle is affected.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Quick update for those interested. The car is back with Big Motoring World to diagnose. Customer service has been shocking but I'm all over them to make sure this progresses.

I believe the breakdown relates to this UPS notice: N270 UPS12718-1.

At this stage I'll probably just reject the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If customer service is already crap then if it was me I'd reject the vehicle and walk away.

Reactions: County

·
Registered
846 Posts
There are now at least 3 threads about this, can we get them mergered?:unsure:

·
Administrator
2016 DS HSE Auto Gas/petrol
748 Posts
Merged for now. Not sure why people have to post the same problem everywhere, but it happens all the time.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Possibly because they didn't see the other threads...seems obvious.

for anyone interested the diagnostic of the car is below. Seems bad given the car was straight from the dealership.

Diag report
eml on, strong smell of fumes in vehicle
checked dtc's
p2bae 02 NOx exceedance NOx control monitoring system general signal failure
p2471 17 exhaust gas temperature sensor circuit high bank 1 sensor 4
p2bae 00 NOx exceedanc, NOx control monitoring system
p04041 00 egr flow insufficient detected
attempted to reset NOx monitoring system during extended roadtest: failed, ad blue injector requires inspecting/testing
fumes in vehicle: found doc on ToPix advises replacing turbo-exhaust gasket and clamp relating to stromg smell of fumes
also fault code for egr flow insufficient: advise cleaning filter in egr system
leone 28.6.22

Parts req:
Gasket - Turbocharger
YH

Clamp - Exhaust
2J

FILTER - EGR COOLER
VM

121 - 140 of 141 Posts