Discovery Sport Forum banner
501 - 520 of 544 Posts

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Right, I see. As yours is a 19MY I'm actually surprised that it covered that distance before warning, given that it's supposedly using three times more than a 16MY

·
Registered
100 Posts
Must be ok then, car very rarely does a short journey, usually a 10 mile commute run.

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
myfirst said:
Must be ok then, car very rarely does a short journey, usually a 10 mile commute run.
Ha ha ha, that is a short journey according to most dealerships!

"It's your driving style Sir" :lol:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Woolmeister said:
Have I read this correctly?

The latest software update will reduce the AdBlue range of my D180 from approx 7500 miles to 3000 miles? :shock:

S
Just 2,000 for 2019 model year, carry on at this rate and we'll be using more (in costs terms) in Adblu than diesel!

Anybody buying one of these once the service pack expires is going to be in for a shock! Assuming the engine's haven't all given up the ghost by then.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Having only done 4000 odd miles since I collected my Approved DS SETech I was suprised the other morning the 1500 miles warning for the DEF , so looking at the manual, capacity for DEF 13.5 litres , so the Approved LR left the dealship only 5 litres in its DEF tank! So popping into our local Morrison's I got 10 litre Adblue for £12 and after 5 mins under the bonnet all replenished and all reset, looking at the 165 point checklist I got with this DS I think I was a 165 tick box sheet completed with the vehicle still on Lancaster's showground!

·
Registered
747 Posts
DroitwichGas said:
Woolmeister said:
The latest software update will reduce the AdBlue range of my D180 from approx 7500 miles to 3000 miles? :shock:
Just 2,000 for 2019 model year, carry on at this rate and we'll be using more (in costs terms) in Adblu than diesel!
Where do these numbers come from?

·
Registered
25 Posts
VeryDiscoSport said:
DroitwichGas said:
Woolmeister said:
Where do these numbers come from?
See the post at 3:29 on 18 Feb, I assume that poster knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Mustbemad said:
Having only done 4000 odd miles since I collected my Approved DS SETech I was suprised the other morning the 1500 miles warning for the DEF , so looking at the manual, capacity for DEF 13.5 litres , so the Approved LR left the dealship only 5 litres in its DEF tank! So popping into our local Morrison's I got 10 litre Adblue for £12 and after 5 mins under the bonnet all replenished and all reset, looking at the 165 point checklist I got with this DS I think I was a 165 tick box sheet completed with the vehicle still on Lancaster's showground!
I had the same. Dealers don't check this, even on new cars - it has been raised here before. i took delivery of my ex-demo car and had to take it back a week later for DEF as I was about to drive to Orkney and back. What's interesting is that the first DEF tank (from new) lasted 7000 miles, and subsequently it's managed 12000, so either it wasn't full at new or the short journeys as a demonstrator used a lot (unlikely though, as the engine would barely have got hot).

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Past master said:
Mustbemad said:
I had the same. Dealers don't check this, even on new cars - it has been raised here before. i took delivery of my ex-demo car and had to take it back a week later for DEF as I was about to drive to Orkney and back. What's interesting is that the first DEF tank (from new) lasted 7000 miles, and subsequently it's managed 12000, so either it wasn't full at new or the short journeys as a demonstrator used a lot (unlikely though, as the engine would barely have got hot).
Fill up the Adblue won't be on the checklist, nor will fuel. You'll be lucky to pick the car up full of fuel too, it's a consumable and someone has to pay somewhere.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Yes, except mine came with a service pack, so they had to top up the adblue for free anyway. Just a wasted journey for me. I don't think it was deliberate, it just wasn't on their checklist.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just been to Iceland and noticed the garages have AdBlue on draft. Felt smug 'cos not yet needed to top mine up. Got back to Manchester and collected the DS from the airport carpark, and guess what message came up on the dash.

Kev

Attachments

·
Banned
1,911 Posts
Yes, I was out there in December and noticed them. Quite why the UK haven't got around to installing them on forecourts is beyond me, given the amount of Euro 6 vehicles we have on the roads now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got 3500 in my new DS MY19 and currently got the warning saying 650miles left and needs 10liter+ adblue top up.

Anyone knows what sort of cost I should be expecting from a LR dealerhsip for topup?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the dealer. Adblu is cheap enough from Halfords, Costco or from Amazon and filling the reservoir is easy to do.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Londoner said:
Got 3500 in my new DS MY19 and currently got the warning saying 650miles left and needs 10liter+ adblue top up.

Anyone knows what sort of cost I should be expecting from a LR dealerhsip for topup?
I think it's £30 if you don't have a service pack, free if you do.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Londoner said:

Bought all mine off ebay for between £6 and £10 for 10 litres, and filled it myself, takes about 5 minutes, dead easy!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
But don't overfill, or it's a trip to the dealer with red face. This should be covered somewhere above.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Past master said:
But don't overfill, or it's a trip to the dealer with red face. This should be covered somewhere above.
Yes let the range drop to around 1000 miles or a bit under, then you can throw in 10 litres without worrying.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Londoner said:
Thanks all,

Computer tells me I've got 600miles left so it'll be 10 liter then.
Yes you will get it in no problem.

501 - 520 of 544 Posts