Discovery Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought you might be interested.. Completed my first 12500km and the Diesel exhaust fluid warning went off.
System tells me I have 1500KM left. So approx. 14.000km to empty.

Now the fun... went to my LR dealer for a "quick" top up. Turns out I had to wait for an hour.. Appears this was their first time as they as well were surprised that they had to re fill, connect the car to the computer, do a reset and no idea what else.
So all in all quick top up took about1.5 hours before I had the car back..
With approx. 45000km/year I will have this fun a lot more often now.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Refilling every 8500 miles seems too short a distance is that right?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked the manual.. mentioned there is approx. 1 Liter/1600 km ... depending on the driving style....

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Moose said:
Below copied from Pete (LR) post on forum:

"How Often Will DEF/AdBlue® Need Refilling?
We will provide the vehicle with the reservoir full at the time of production. The consumption of DEF/ AdBlue® is approximately 1 litre per 1,000 miles /1,600km for EU6 vehicles (North America 1.1 litre per 1,000km/621miles), this figure is influenced by many factors including driving style, engine size, and vehicle load.
Land Rover approved retailers will be able to provide assistance in refilling should this be required or alternatively, if you would prefer to self-fill you can purchase non-drip DEF/AdBlue® 1.89 litre refill bottles from your local authorised Land Rover retailer."

As the tank is 13.7 litres 8500 miles seems low but could vary with length of trips done and driving style like mpg.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
philn said:
Moose said:
Below copied from Pete (LR) post on forum:

"How Often Will DEF/AdBlue® Need Refilling?
We will provide the vehicle with the reservoir full at the time of production. The consumption of DEF/ AdBlue® is approximately 1 litre per 1,000 miles /1,600km for EU6 vehicles (North America 1.1 litre per 1,000km/621miles), this figure is influenced by many factors including driving style, engine size, and vehicle load.
Land Rover approved retailers will be able to provide assistance in refilling should this be required or alternatively, if you would prefer to self-fill you can purchase non-drip DEF/AdBlue® 1.89 litre refill bottles from your local authorised Land Rover retailer."

As the tank is 13.7 litres 8500 miles seems low but could vary with length of trips done and driving style like mpg.
If the ratio to fuel is more or less fixed - then the MPG (or km/l) must be low.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If it requires a computer reset, how are we supposed to do this ourselves?

·
Registered
95 Posts
From watching the video of the hacked and analysed VW ECU on 32C3 Hacker congress, my guess is that short trips with cold engine will use less AdBlue.
The BOSCH ECU seems to not use any AdBlue during warm-up.
It will be interesting to see how far other people get!

Martin

·
Registered
796 Posts
Was it full to start with ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dealer seems to have been surprised as well about the time and effort required.
When I dropped it they told me will be max 15 min to refill and return the car to me....
Agree, no idea how we could refill on our own if it requires a computer reset.
I was running late yesterday, but will ask them the next time I am back there to have them try
to fix the rattle sounds.

I have to assume it was full when they delivered!? But did not check to validate and did as well not check right after the refill
how much KM it now states as adblue range. Will do that later today and let you all know

·
Registered
265 Posts
Perhaps its like the fuel tank, the range is reset every time it is filled and no computer adjustments needed?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And just fell of my chair.... Range after refill says 6800km :eek:
That cannot be right... Need to check with dealer

·
Registered
562 Posts
Not looking good.

Be interesting to add into the equation the extra cost of adblue v mpg on the 2.0 and compare it to the mpg on the the 2.2. Looking like the 2.0 is going to be more expensive to run........

·
Registered
95 Posts
I just checked on mine. After 4,400 km it wants to do another 20,000 kms.
This would support the theory that there is no useage while the engine is not at operating temperature.
Could also be proof that my software version is VW style.

Martin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had my Amber light flash up requesting ad blue after 9,000 miles. I get around 40mpg with mixed driving so was as surprised as Guy Salmon Sheffield to have to fill it. Thankfully it's free with the service pack.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I had warning on phone in control remote a fortnight ago saying "Your vehicle has indicated that it is due to receive a service imminently. Please contact your preferred Land Rover dealer to arrange a service at your earliest convenience."
The car has covered 4700 miles and is 12 month old on April 8th, needless to say I have ignored it.

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
If you need a courtesy car I'd think about booking it in for April now to be on safe side

·
Registered
344 Posts
Philn

Like you i have had the message received on my mobile 2 weeks ago ref service due. Like you i ignored it.
Received a call from my dealer this morning to arrange my DS first service.
Car will be 1 year old March end done just short of 8000 miles.
Service booked in for 22nd March with courtesy car provided no problems.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Strappe said:
Philn

Like you i have had the message received on my mobile 2 weeks ago ref service due. Like you i ignored it.
Received a call from my dealer this morning to arrange my DS first service.
Car will be 1 year old March end done just short of 8000 miles.
Service booked in for 22nd March with courtesy car provided no problems.
Strappe, I gave in and car like yours booked in for service with courtesy car at end of March.
Mentioned message on phone and they said not to worry as it would go when car serviced, no explanation why it appeared about 9 weeks before service due.

·
Super Moderator
2,828 Posts
I reckon it's to cover dealers against flack if courtesy cars unavailable for many weeks due to demand

I've experienced up to 6 weeks wait for courtesy cars for routine services

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
2.2 = No Adblue :)

1 - 20 of 544 Posts