New Landmark Ordered today

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Way318

Re: New Landmark Ordered today

Post by Way318 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:35 pm

Kruddler wrote:Yep, i agree it makes no sense but then applying logic when dealing with car salesmen is a dangerous game......
You would like to think they know the products they are selling, obviously not in this case, which is worrying as to what other nonsense they telling other customers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jez c

Post by Jez c » Tue May 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Just been told that my landmark has arrived at the dealers and low and behold no contrasting roof. I was told when ordering that it may not have one as some of the latest orders had been arriving without contrasting roofs. It’s really interesting to see that the configuration tool on land Rovers website clearly list the contrasting roof as a distinguishing feature of the vehicle. Not happy as a result trade descriptions act springs to mind?

Way318

New Landmark Ordered today

Post by Way318 » Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 pm

As mentioned in other posts on the forum, the contrast roof was changed from standard to a no cost option (due to the plant being over capacity for contrast roof, as its add a significant amount of time in painting a body). So when ordering the dealer had to make sure they had selected the contrast roof option, otherwise like in yours and other peoples cases it will get a body coloured roof.

But as you correctly point out, the online configurator doesn’t allow you to select the option.

I believe some dealers have been painting the roof foc.

You are within your right to cancel and if you suggest that to the dealer, they may offer to paint it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gudge

Post by Gudge » Thu May 16, 2019 9:16 pm

Way318 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 pm
As mentioned in other posts on the forum, the contrast roof was changed from standard to a no cost option (due to the plant being over capacity for contrast roof, as its add a significant amount of time in painting a body). So when ordering the dealer had to make sure they had selected the contrast roof option, otherwise like in yours and other peoples cases it will get a body coloured roof.

But as you correctly point out, the online configurator doesn’t allow you to select the option.

I believe some dealers have been painting the roof foc.

You are within your right to cancel and if you suggest that to the dealer, they may offer to paint it.

But if your dealer does select the contrast roof no cost option, the slot for delivery will disappear, so becomes effectively unavailable for the foreseeable. So in reality it’s not really an option to have the contrast roof from the factory any more (at least not for the moment).
MY 2019 Discovery Sport Landmark Yulong White

Way318

Post by Way318 » Fri May 17, 2019 10:28 am

I assume that may of only have happened if the factory was already at its capacity for contrast roof, but if factory had capacity to do it, it would have given a build slot. It will happen now as factory order books for current DS are closed.

jayd95

Post by jayd95 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:34 pm

Too busy trying to pile Evoques out at the moment...... New DIsco Sport about 2 months away though so contrast roof would be a go again

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”