InControl Apps only working some of the time....

All Discovery Sport related discussions
rosec2

InControl Apps only working some of the time....

Post by rosec2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:12 pm

Apologies if this has already been covered but I have searched and been unable to find this scenario

I picked up my shiny new (to me) Dynamic Lux yesterday and had a run through of things from our salesman (the handover chap was overrunning!) He was pretty knowledgable so it wasn't really a problem but I'm still having problem with the InControl Apps side of things. I have an iPhone (7 maybe?) and it's only 1 version behind on updates. My issue is that the phone only seems to register in InControl occasionally and I can't work out why. I've tried fully closing down the app and the phone and reconnecting but no joy. Not sure how to fully reboot the car system (it's the smaller screen version - sorry can't remember what that is called!!)

I use Spotify a lot so really do want this to work (rather than using bluetooth and iTunes)

Many TIA

Rose
MY18 HSE Dynamic Lux 180 in Firenze Red with Black Pack and silly wheels!

DiscoDriver

Re: InControl Apps only working some of the time....

Post by DiscoDriver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Hello - I suggest running the latest iOS, InControl Apps app and InControl Touch infotainment version. I have the latest of all 3 and so far have not had an issue.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=9454

Hope that helps and solves your issue.
MY16 D180 Auto

rosec2

Post by rosec2 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:35 pm

Thanks, I'll check the system version tomorrow and see if that needs updating.
MY18 HSE Dynamic Lux 180 in Firenze Red with Black Pack and silly wheels!

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:56 pm

Depends largely on your Software, as mentioned.

My 18c has become corrupted, and is going in for 18d install on Friday. iOS version is 12.1.2 and problems have been prevalent since the iPhone Software was upgraded. InControl Software has not been updated since September 2017 - there is clearly an issue between the three different S/w versions so for now I have deleted the InControl App off my iPhone until 18d has been installed and tested successfully.
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”