Retrofit ICTP (InControl Touch Pro)

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
MrNicotra

Retrofit ICTP (InControl Touch Pro)

Post by MrNicotra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi everyone. New member here!

I've had my DS for two years and ICT is driving me crazy. Effectively, it's technology from 10+ years ago with poor responsiveness as I'm sure many of you will agree.

My question is how feasible is it to retrofit the larger screen? I've been trying to find part diagrams online but couldn't find much information.

I know I would obviously have to change the screen and the faceplate. I refuse to believe it would be as simple as that - even though the connector on the back of the screen looks similar. I would imagine the screen must be connected to a receiver and I've seen in the forum there is a different armrest connector which includes an HDMI port. Again, parts diagrams I saw were not particularly helpful.

Anybody has done or considered doing this in the past and could share your experience?

Ultimately I will ask land rover as well but expect it won't be under £2000 if it is even possible for them.

The Highlander

Re: Retrofit ICTP (InControl Touch Pro)

Post by The Highlander » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:20 pm

I could go into the technicalities, but you are out of luck. Put bluntly, you wont be able to retrofit a larger screen and LR certainly won’t assist you.

Solution, sell the car and buy one with the 10” screen.

MrNicotra

Post by MrNicotra » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Would you mind sharing the technicalities? Thanks.

simon

Post by simon » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:07 am

You will need access to the dealers Pathfinder / SDD (can’t remember which for the DS) to enable all the hardware even if you did manage to source it and fit it.

Even a replacement USB/SIM panel needs enabling to tell the car it’s been fitted. And that’s under a warranty replacement.

That system costs a lot more than the ICTP hardware even if you could buy it.
There are far better forums to be welcomed at than this one that locks threads because certain members can’t take a bit of criticism :roll:

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:20 am

Wot he said in essence.

I used to be like you, attempt to modify various things on a Land Rover. I’ve also seen others attempt it. I’ll be honest, I haven’t the time to go into the tech detail, to prove the point.

By all means have a go, expect absolutely no help from LR or their dealerships, they are prohibited from doing this, all I am trying to do is save you a lot of wasted effort and what’s left of your warranty, but believe me you’d be better flogging the car and buying what you do want.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:46 am

It is do-able. However it is a huge and costly affair. To give you a rough idea of the enormity involved, have a look at these threads if you have a spare hour:

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic26588. ... =incontrol

http://www.freel2.com/forum/topic33109.html

The best advice has already been given above; chop it in and buy one that already has it installed.
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Funkster

Post by Funkster » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:53 am

how about a much more minor upgrade of adding a reversing camera? Would the system recognise that a camera is fitted and enable it to be used?

No doubt, even if there is a port available to connect it, there will be a software update required....
Funkster :)

2015 Land Rover Discovery Sport 2.2D 150 TD4 SE. Firenze Red Contrast Black Roof. Navigation, privacy glass, front and rear sensors, 18" 10 split spoke wheels.

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:16 am

On a D4 I owned, I did the reversing camera thing. New rear boot handle including microswith and camera. Additional looms X2 from there to the rear roof lining, FAKRA from near the gear knob to the back of the screen and then a software update via Autologic.

Cost of hardware, about £350, cost of software upgrade via an Indy LR dealership about £25.

It was helped by the fact there was an existing FAKRA cable in from build from the rear to the gear knob. Don’t know if that’s the case with the DS.

The trouble with the DS is that Autologic haven’t managed to circumvent the original software. That may change.

MrNicotra

Post by MrNicotra » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Thanks all for responses.

In a not entirely dissimilar subject -

where is the entertainment/navigation receiver module located? I've read online it's under the driver or passenger seat (no luck with either). I also saw a video for a Jag F-Pace which is in the boot.

So where is it anyway?

DazDisco

Post by DazDisco » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:26 pm

I read loads of reviews where people said ICT was unresponsive but couldn’t chose the ICTP on my model in the build so had to go with ICT and honestly it’s pretty good, much better than my previous car. Are you sure you’re on the latest version ?
2019 Disco Sport SE Tech 2.0D Auto 4x4 5 seat
Xenon Pack | ATPC | LKA | ACC with Queue Assist |TSR | Surround Camera System

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”