JLR excuses exposed by Telegraph

The place to discuss everything else..
PhilMabbots17

JLR excuses exposed by Telegraph

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm

Yesterday's Daily Telegraph carried a prominent front-page article finally exposing how Jaguar Land Rover continues to defacate misleading propaganda to cover up the true reasons for its current financial predicament. Thousands of British workers are being laid off and their jobs moved to Slovakia while, in exchange for this act of anti-British savagery, JLR has received £110 million in EU aid. (That's my money, and yours, btw).

Capture.PNG

As if that's not enough, the company continues bleating that the reasons for this organisation being immergé dans la merde as we enter 2019 are really:

i) Brexit - Wake up call - It hasn't even happened yet!
ii) Diesel aversion (JLR only had *8 YEARS to plan for this); and
iii) Chinese sales (Seriously?)

*Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 and Commission Regulation (EC) No 692/2008 of 18 July 2008 implementing and amending Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council on type- approval of motor vehicles with respect to emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 5 and Euro 6).

Telepgraph Front Page.png

2019 (19) TBA 8-)
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
2017 (17) Land Rover DS HSE 2.0L (Rejected)

TeddyBear

Brexit Is NOT to Blame

Post by TeddyBear » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:39 pm

I saw that as well. It was pleasing to see that the excruciatingly vowel-twisted Speth bullshit doesn't have what it takes to fool people like the Hon. Member for North East Somerset who accused the German of using Brexit as an excuse to cover JLR's own failings. "Brexit hasn't happened. The fact is that JLR is making too many cars with diesel engines and its cars are not as reliable as you would want them to be... I say this as a driver of one of their cars." :thumbsup:

The Telegraph also had this to say in its editorial analysis:

Departure from the EU is not the real issue and the EU has actively helped undermine British manufacturing industry. It is a nonsense to blame JLR's woes on Brexit. The EU has actively promoted manufacturing to move across the continent. It is hypocrisy to blame leaving [the EU] for job losses that are caused by precisely the form of globalisation that Brussels encourages. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brexit Not to Blame.jpeg

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”