Service interval

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Faults and Fixes
Badgerface

Re: Service interval

Post by Badgerface » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:17 pm

Wash.FTM wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:00 pm
Cheers once again. I have told them I will go down the legal route if they so wish and they have responded by saying I will have a definitive answer by the 9th jan.
How have you got on with this? Has the dealer responded definitively within the timescale that they set themselves as they said they would, or not? What solution have they offered you? (Or not as the case may be!)
17MY HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
13MY HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
12MY HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Past master

Re: Service interval number 4 at 26k

Post by Past master » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:33 pm

Iamthemanny wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:50 pm
My car is 18 months old. Had from new.

26k on clock and just come up saying it needs another oil change. This will be number 4 !!! :oops:

To be fair my dealer has always followed the JLR100 so apart from 21k service all oil things done via good will.

However, am I in a minority with this amount of oil changes.

I use eco all the time. Long and short distances and about 1k or over a month.
Seems a lot to me. I do about 15000 a year and have only needed two interim changes (car now on 42000 and just had second service). I wonder if using eco, which I don't, causes the car to rev less, so engine running cooler, so more post-injection needed? Just my theory...
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

hseblack

Re: Service interval OR NOT.

Post by hseblack » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 pm

I have recently ordered a DS Landmark for March 2019, I did ask the question should I need an oil change what is the position and the salesmans reply was that as from January 2019 customers will be asked to sign a disclaimer before taking the car off the forecourt. I note the JLR100 amendment and good will gesture and a dealer claims against the warranty, what is the current viewpoint on this topic thanks in anticipation.

Iamthemanny

Re: Service interval number 4 at 26k

Post by Iamthemanny » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:55 pm

Past master wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:33 pm
Iamthemanny wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:50 pm
My car is 18 months old. Had from new.

26k on clock and just come up saying it needs another oil change. This will be number 4 !!! :oops:

To be fair my dealer has always followed the JLR100 so apart from 21k service all oil things done via good will.

However, am I in a minority with this amount of oil changes.

I use eco all the time. Long and short distances and about 1k or over a month.
Seems a lot to me. I do about 15000 a year and have only needed two interim changes (car now on 42000 and just had second service). I wonder if using eco, which I don't, causes the car to rev less, so engine running cooler, so more post-injection needed? Just my theory...
Thanks for rrplying 👍🏻

It’s more for fuel consumption. I do quite a bit of driving on the flappy paddles to try and over ride the dreadful automatic gearbox and to brake the car with gear box too.

The driving is very mixed, but probably warms more than
People doing all motorway.
June 17 HSE, Loire Blue, Entertainment pack, In Control Connect Pro, 2 usb sockets in second row, black roof bars.
Extra optional extra included :lol: Oil dilution issues thrown in as "Good will" due to my "Driving style" :( :( :(

Iamthemanny

Re: Service interval OR NOT.

Post by Iamthemanny » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:02 pm

hseblack wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 pm
I have recently ordered a DS Landmark for March 2019, I did ask the question should I need an oil change what is the position and the salesmans reply was that as from January 2019 customers will be asked to sign a disclaimer before taking the car off the forecourt. I note the JLR100 amendment and good will gesture and a dealer claims against the warranty, what is the current viewpoint on this topic thanks in anticipation.
I think the good will oil changes must be costing a fortune. Sadly with JLR financial position from last few months it is another cost cutter.

If I could buy again now, I would go petrol due to all tye time I have wasted getting the car serviced every 6 months.

It is sad that they are now forcing customers, to pay for, what appears to be bad engineering which they cannot fix. If they still exist get the service plan. I did not and that has made it harder.

It will be interesting to see what they do when a new model comes out. I would have thought the Disco dport is a high volume seller. But I have no data to back that up.
June 17 HSE, Loire Blue, Entertainment pack, In Control Connect Pro, 2 usb sockets in second row, black roof bars.
Extra optional extra included :lol: Oil dilution issues thrown in as "Good will" due to my "Driving style" :( :( :(

Wash.FTM

Post by Wash.FTM » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:17 pm
Wash.FTM wrote:
Cheers once again. I have told them I will go down the legal route if they so wish and they have responded by saying I will have a definitive answer by the 9th jan.
How have you got on with this? Has the dealer responded definitively within the timescale that they set themselves as they said they would, or not? What solution have they offered you? (Or not as the case may be!)
They have offered to buy back the car at todays price which is not acceptable or exchange it for a petrol version although I would have to contribute an amount towards it as they didn't appear till 2017 and mine is a 2016
15plate ds hse manual green rejected due to them not sorting out problem. Exchanged for 16 plate ds hse luxury auto with black pack.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Wash.FTM wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:03 pm
Badgerface wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:17 pm
Wash.FTM wrote:
They have offered to buy back the car at todays price which is not acceptable or exchange it for a petrol version although I would have to contribute an amount towards it as they didn't appear till 2017 and mine is a 2016
Just one thing to be aware of as your is a 2016.....the 2016 brochure which is linked on this forum clearly states the vehicle would do 21000 miles without service , saving you inconvenience and money. If you show your dealer you have a copy he may realise he hasn’t thought this through. You have an Official JLR brochure that states this for your model year. This then would be misrepresentation by JLR.
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

snoopyhaynes

Oil dilution - advice please

Post by snoopyhaynes » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 pm

I’d like a bit of advice on my DS oil issue please.

Car is a 2016 16 plate 2.0L now with 29k mikes.

First full service was at 16k
Then intermediadiate oil change at 24k
Second oil change at 28k

All above done foc.

Dealer has admitted oil dilution is the problem

Car is now nearing end of warranty period but my pcp lease has another year to run until March 2020.

I was told today that future oil changes would not be free despite this being an ongoing issue. I have a service plan for 50k miles.

Anybody have any advice on my options? Considered an extended warranty but that doesn’t cover design faults or pre existing faults.
Discovery Sport SE Tech Coris Grey, Aeroviper wheels, ebony leather, roof rails

PhilMabbots17

Re: Oil dilution - advice please

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 pm

snoopyhaynes wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:15 pm
I’d like a bit of advice on my DS oil issue please.

Car is a 2016 16 plate 2.0L now with 29k mikes.

First full service was at 16k
Then intermediadiate oil change at 24k
Second oil change at 28k

All above done foc.

Dealer has admitted oil dilution is the problem

Car is now nearing end of warranty period but my pcp lease has another year to run until March 2020.

I was told today that future oil changes would not be free despite this being an ongoing issue. I have a service plan for 50k miles.

Anybody have any advice on my options? Considered an extended warranty but that doesn’t cover design faults or pre existing faults.
The "extended service plan" that you took out was basically a fluffed-up pre-purchase agreement for 2 regular services, nominally one at 21K/2 years ("A" service) and one at 42K/4 years ("B" service) plus free DEF top-ups for 5 years. JLRP00100 provides that a vehicle with a service plan which presents with high oil dilution having completed 15,750 or more miles should receive the "A" service, which is then ticked off against the plan. It sounds, therefore, as though this happened and that you've still got the "B" service in the bank, the other services presumably having been carried out under "goodwill" as part of the faulty exhaust campaign documented in the SCN.

JLRP00100 implied that customers with a service plan would continue to receive the goodwill oil changes out to 50,000 miles, although it has to be said that the wording was ambiguous. Forum member castiel109 was told by CRC on June 5th 2018 : "As a Service Plan has been taken out on your vehicle, any oil and filter changes that are required on your vehicle prior to a service will be covered free of charge as a goodwill gesture, providing your vehicle is within its 3 year manufacturer’s warranty. Outside of the manufacturers warranty this would need to be assessed on a case by case basis. "

Dealers appear to have different policies with regards to the free oil changes and, because we are entering new ground as the first Ingenium diesels start to reach the end of the 3-year warranty period, to say any more at this stage would be speculation. Good luck.
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
REJECTED: 17MY DS HSE 2.0L 148HP Indus Silver Park Assist Electric Tow Bar

snoopyhaynes

Re: Oil dilution - advice please

Post by snoopyhaynes » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:55 am

Thanks for the message. I’m not that concerned over the extra oil changes, its counter intuitive for me to only change the oil in a car every 20k anyway and I’ve never had a car that made it full term on services, always 75%ish due to me doing a lot of short journeys.

Mostly concerned over associated engine wear from dilution when out of warranty and whether the finance company will raise the issue when the car goes back in a years time.

Does this issue effect newer DS models, if not then that would indicate that JLR have a fix?
Discovery Sport SE Tech Coris Grey, Aeroviper wheels, ebony leather, roof rails

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”