Landmark Owners/Future Owners

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
gazb84

Landmark Owners/Future Owners

Post by gazb84 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:41 pm

Thought I’d set up a discussion for Landmark owners, orderers and prospective buyers. No reason really. Just know that I had a lot of questions and given the Landmark is being heavily pushed by LR thought it would be work a group.

Anybody ordered over the past few weeks? I ordered on 29th Dec and have been giving a bujld date of 2/2/19, which was much quicker than I anticipated.

Was the road tax side a deciding factor in going for your Landmark or have you spec’d it up anyway.

Also, I know it comes badges as a HSE (no Landmark designator) but what does the HSE have that the Landmark doesn’t other than the front fogs, why badge it as a HSE when it is different?
MY19 Discovery Sport Landmark Edition
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
Side steps/running boards
ACC + Queue assist
Blind spot and reverse traffic monitoring
Entertainment Pack + Incontrol Pro
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan

Dashnine

Re: Landmark Owners/Future Owners

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:48 pm

It’s a Special Edition based on the HSE as opposed to the Pure which is a special based on the SE - there are two basic models in the DS range (SE and HSE) so there are under the skin changes like wiring loom that limits what you can do with the spec). This means they have additional trim versions in both base models. I suspect the Landmark will die when the replacement DS is launched.

So it has a dynamic 290 front bumper plus a few additions like the heated steering wheel and privacy glass, changes like grey roof and wheels (no thanks) and different colour trim, badges, etc., some option restrictions and carefully priced to come in under the £40K tax limit.

I would have had a closer look if they did a petrol as it’s only £165 more than the diesel, but would have up-specced anyway and there’s no way to get rid of the grey roof.

Not sure why the couldn’t be bothered swapping the badge though, probably cost as it doesn’t already exist (previous models badges apart).
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Horse

Post by Horse » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:40 pm

Just ordered Landmark edition and 'yes' the 40K tax issue was a factor for me. HSE spec has everything I need and originally wanted the HSE Black when I ordered my current DS in 2015, but couldn't quite stretch to it. But this time round, I like the look of the Landmark and have gone for standard Narvik Black colour and no further options. Delivery is approx end of Jan.
MY19 Landmark 180
MY16 SE Tech 180 gone

hseblack

Post by hseblack » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:59 am

I also ordered in December to get the extra 5% discount as a loyalty bonus from my HSE Black previous. The extra Yulong white price still keeps below the £40,000 tax limit and the VED is £140 in year two of ownership. Did want petrol but there is no choice on this model unfortunately!

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:23 am

You could probably pick up a new petrol HSE for £40k, just have to bite the bullet on the tax. It’s only another £360 year two to five if you keep it that long.

hseblack

Post by hseblack » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:18 am

My salesman did mention all JLR products in the future will not feature fog lights, presumably all manufacturers are going this way due to headlamp technology forging ahead. The Landmark's contrast with white and carpathian grey looks good not so sure why the rear bumper cover underneath is still in silver though. I have owned several Ford Kuga's in 2.0 litre 180ps diesel that achieve Euro 6 without adding any ad blue!

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:47 am

Dashnine wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:48 pm
It’s a Special Edition based on the HSE as opposed to the Pure which is a special based on the SE - there are two basic models in the DS range (SE and HSE) so there are under the skin changes like wiring loom that limits what you can do with the spec). This means they have additional trim versions in both base models. I suspect the Landmark will die when the replacement DS is launched.

So it has a dynamic 290 front bumper plus a few additions like the heated steering wheel and privacy glass, changes like grey roof and wheels (no thanks) and different colour trim, badges, etc., some option restrictions and carefully priced to come in under the £40K tax limit.

I would have had a closer look if they did a petrol as it’s only £165 more than the diesel, but would have up-specced anyway and there’s no way to get rid of the grey roof.

Not sure why the couldn’t be bothered swapping the badge though, probably cost as it doesn’t already exist (previous models badges apart).
Thanks for the comparison it’s the first time I’ve been able to read all differences in one piece of text so it’s handy. Personally I like the grey trim and room as opposed to black, perhaps because I’ve gone for the corris whereas with narvik black paintwork I agree you be going for a 50 shades colour scheme.
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
ACC + Queue assist
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan

decho

Post by decho » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 pm

I actually like the grey roof lining(most of the roof is glass anyway, and the grey wheels....I hate black wheels😊
Beautiful 2018 Landmark in Corris Grey....with ugly LR tow bar!

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:13 pm

:roll: hate black!!!

My whole car is black from the lettering, to the grille, to the wheels to the headlining!

gazb84

Post by gazb84 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:25 pm

decho wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:04 pm
I actually like the grey roof lining(most of the roof is glass anyway, and the grey wheels....I hate black wheels😊
I am with you, black gloss alloys do nothing for me at all.
Build date 2/2/19 🤞🏻
Corris Grey
ACC + Queue assist
USB’s everywhere!
LR Service Plan

Return to “Introductions”