InControl Remote App

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Bluey_VIII

InControl Remote App

Post by Bluey_VIII » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:20 pm

For some reason my Discovery Sport seems to have stopped reporting its location and status to the InControl Remote App.

I don't think it's a problem with mobile signal as it's been driven for about 300 miles and parked in around 10 different places over the last few days, but the InContol App thinks it's still parked in Preston since 10th October!!

It's currently parked on the drive and usually reports it's location fine..

The mileage, Fuel Range, Locking and Alarm are also all wrong!!

Any ideas?

Badgerface

Re: InControl Remote App

Post by Badgerface » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Has your subscription expired?

If not, try logging out and logging back in on a PC/Mac and see whether or not it resets and updates. If it does, log back in on your phone and all should be fine and dandy...
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Bluey_VIII

Post by Bluey_VIII » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 pm

The subscription came with the car (new in April) and lasts for 3 years I think. According to the iPhone App the subscription doesn't expire until April 2021.

I've logged out/in on the InControl Website and also the iPhone App. I've also deleted then re-installed the iPhone App but nothing has made a difference..

Is there a SIM Card in the car that I can check??

Bugginbob

Post by Bugginbob » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:07 pm

I’m sure someone posted a car reset process on here to force the car to start communicating again. Try a few searches
MY17 HSE Black, Corris Grey, Diesel Auto
Seat Leon 1.4 Tsi FR Tech
Triumph Scrambler

townandcountry

Post by townandcountry » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:20 pm

If you log in to the website does that show the correct information (https://incontrol.landrover.com/jlr-por ... -web/login)? If that's correct then it implies an iPhone-end issue. If it's wrong then it implies a car-to-cloud problem.

There is no accessible SIM for the car connection, it's all built-in. It may be a question for your dealer on how to reset it or re-associate it with your account.
Rejected - MY17 HSE 180 auto, not as described.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Bugginbob wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:07 pm
I’m sure someone posted a car reset process on here to force the car to start communicating again. Try a few searches
Pressing the Assist button for 15 seconds or so, then go for a short drive I think? But a forum search will find it.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Bluey_VIII

Post by Bluey_VIII » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks for the quick replies guys......tried pressing the assist button for 15 seconds, the LED flashes orange but nothing else seemed to happen.

Looks like it'll be a trip to the dealers this week...

Tiki21red

Post by Tiki21red » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Mine has started to play up recently. It will not load journeys. Only way I could clear it is to delete app and reinstall. It works for a bit and then starts again. I also have to continuously log on. Very annoying, especially when trying to get in into to transport mode before going on Channel Tunnel.
Corris Grey, HSE, 180, auto, 5 seats. Space saver spare, InControl apps, removable tow bar, adaptive head lights,

Return to “Faults & Technical”