Picking up a Discovery Sport

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Fraser

Picking up a Discovery Sport

Post by Fraser » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Hi folks

I will soon be picking up my new DS.

What tips do you have in terms of what to look for/check when picking up the car from the dealers? It will be my first brand new car as well as being my first LR.

Thanks in advance!
On order:

HSE, 150bhp manual, narvik black, 2018.

Barnsh

Re: Picking up a Discovery Sport

Post by Barnsh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Main thing to check is the exterior paintwork and the leather , these are things the dealer can query after you’ve left if you find it later

Check everything you have ordered is on the car, get them to set up incontrol remote app and your phone for you.

Enjoy the experience!
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Yes, employ the services of Highlander......if there is the minutest of deficiencies anywhere whatsoever, anywhere, I can guarantee that he will find it on your behalf.

Would be well worth the ferry ticket and a few drams if you're not a million miles apart - fact!
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:05 pm

:lol:

I am a bit anal when it comes to inspecting vehicles, but it’s only cos I was bitten in the bum once. Make sure all the coach lines, particularly on the tailgate are perfect and take a look at the plastic bumper underneath the headlights but from above. They should lie flat and 9/10 don’t. There’s no known cure. Also don’t put up with unusual creases in the leather and don’t be fobbed off with the crap, leather is a natural material, so it will have imperfections.

What dealership are you collecting from. I suspect Peter Vardy, Aberdeen? They are good on price, but as sharp as a knife, so watch the distracting patter when you pick up.

nd1672

Post by nd1672 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:26 pm

So... Such a great post. I recently had a Discovery Sport delivered to us last week, but being particular, the handover never happened in view of some scratches on the exterior plastics, mark on the dashboard etc that we noticed. The more we looked, the more we saw. I was told at the time that, having done 28 miles, or so, to deliver it to me, it could be expected and possible to have some light wear and tear on the car. I rejected that explanation and requested for it to be worked on. In spite of this, they wanted the vehicle handover to occur first, followed by subsequent pick up to repair the defects. I was clear that I wanted it in perfect condition prior to handover and so this it what has been done. Just by the by, they seemed more concerned about my Mercedes for part exchange which had been inadvertently overvalued by myself at £380...

Here's what the email a week later says:

'Please see below notes regarding your vehicle.

*Marks on 3 wheel trim arches - these have been polished out and new trims on order.
*Small plastic that's sticking out on the on the plastic base of the rear seat - can be fixed
*White protective plastic near the screen - removed.

There a are a few items that we have investigated and can not rectify due to the nature of the production of the vehicle.
*Rivet mark on the door frame behind driver - we will not be able to clear this out
*Leather creases on the rear seat - as leather is a natural product, it will unfortunately go through this. I have tried to massage this out to minimise this.
*Aluminium trim around the gear box - this is a welding mark and would not be able to remove this.
*Mark on the left dashboard - have buffed out as much as we can.

Please bear in mind, we have tried to complete as much as we can physically do.'

In addition to the above, they forgot to mention the problems of the large exterior rear bumper which had scratches on it, but have emailed them to that effect.

Any thoughts? How should I approach this?

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Reject it. Simple as that
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Chris b

Post by Chris b » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:00 pm

Thanks for the reminders and info on possible issues (that I did not have on my 16MY car 3-years ago). I am picking up my replacement tomorrow.
I'll post how it goes!
19MY 2.0 HSE Manual. FIrenze+Corris roof, black headlining & 18" wheels
Gone:
2015 HSE 2.0 Manual 59k miles
2x Freelander 2 XS 09MY &13MY
G4 Discovery 2 (Tangiers Orange)
2x Discovery XS Tdi '97 Co. car then own '98

The Highlander

Post by The Highlander » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:22 pm

You have to decide if you want to reject the car or not. There’s no point in going into it half heartedly. I suspect you won’t get the support of the garage, so I think you’ll have a fight to get your rights.

Personally, I think your putting off the inevitable, but you may want to give them another chance at a repair?

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”