Towbar Help

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Soozie

Towbar Help

Post by Soozie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:47 am

Hi folks,
I'm debating long and hard about which aftermarket towbar to put on my Discovery Sport HSE Lux 5+2 seats and no spare wheel. Ideally, I would like a fixed towbar rather than detachable but no manufacturers can advise if this will affect my parking sensors or show me a picture of what it will look like (as in how significant bumper cuts will be).
Does anyone out there have a fixed towbar on a similar model and can provide any advice or actually show me an image of what it would look like?
Any help would be much appreciated :D

Barnsh

Re: Towbar Help

Post by Barnsh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Some folks have used towtrust , try searching for that on here .
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:00 pm

look on www.kupplung.de, fill in for your car and it will show which bars they sell (you'll be amazed at the price and they do deliver to UK).

I have a GDW bar on my car. This one is fixed: https://www.kupplung.de/gdw-anhaengerku ... 104-1.html and cost €209 bar and 13 pin vehicle specific (so plug and play) electric kit! I have the detachable version which is only just over €100 more. Shipping to UK is about €30 but use there other site: www.rameder.eu to price up in English.

Is there a particular reason you want a fixed bar? The GDW detachable one even fits the space in the tool tray and off course you don't walk into it. When mine is in place I have never had an issue with the parking sensors going off.
Gone: SD4 HSE, 2 x TD4 HSE Lux.

His - Mercedes E220d AMG Estate & Hers - Mercedes E220d AMG Cabriolet

Chrism100

Post by Chrism100 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:40 pm

I have a detachable Witter tow bar fitted. It is more on than off and does not affect the sensors.

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:59 pm

Just re-read the thread. The bumper cut involves a rectangular section in the underside of the bumper which is mostly invisible. Now LR say cut out the whole thing (think it was an issue with snow collecting in the bumper) but the reality is it can be much smaller. When I fitted mine I did not want to cut the bumper as I didn't want a hole in it when I re-sold it, so I did not refit the plastic moulding that incorporates this part (an the heat shield bit above the exhaust). This has never cause any problems and will be refitted when I take the towbar off my car in the next couple of weeks. I have posted a video on the forum about this so you can see what I mean: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5920. If you go to my You Tube channel then there are some other vids to do with towbar aswell.
Gone: SD4 HSE, 2 x TD4 HSE Lux.

His - Mercedes E220d AMG Estate & Hers - Mercedes E220d AMG Cabriolet

Mandrol

Post by Mandrol » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:01 am

I have installed detachable Brink and the sensors work very well- see below.

P1080817.JPG

Return to “Introductions”