64%
In-stock model
36%

Total votes: 11

amal240

Dilemma with models and features

Post by amal240 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:07 pm

Hi guys,

I settled upon the DS as my new car. But the dealer has gone and made things very difficult for me, as the choices are to either get a DS HSE model that he has in stock (with limited features) or get a car of my configuration after a 7 month waiting period at a higher price. :o

The following table summarizes my problems (I've marked 1-3 stars against certain options which denote how important it is for me). I live in the Middle East, but I've put the prices in USD.

What would you do in this situation? :?

DS.png

Thanks in advance!

Dashnine

Re: Dilemma with models and features

Post by Dashnine » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 pm

Buy the one in the dealers, order the other and trade one in for the other in 7 months!
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

amal240

Post by amal240 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:08 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:03 pm
Buy the one in the dealers, order the other and trade one in for the other in 7 months!
I'm not sure the option is available, never heard of it in my country. Still, I'll ask the dealer. Thanks.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:10 am

Ask the dealer if the stock model is an MY19 model and is it WLTP certified.
Reason
Any vehicles held at dealers in stock after 1st September that do not have WLTP certification have to be sold second hand i.e preregistered. So in effect you would be the second owner in the UK.

Currently new cars are taking 6-8 weeks to build , why 7 months ?

The point with 10 way Seats is the lumbar support does not move up and down only in and out , fine if your curve in your back is in the right place.

If you do long journeys ACC and Lane keep Assist is great . This is only available on MY19 models .

I suspect the cheaper car is an MY18 perhaps , check the VIN number under the bonnet on the slam plate and date of build is there.

AND
Ask yourself this:
Are you buying the car you want and set your sights on by configuring it, or are you buying what the dealer wants to get rid of ?
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:21 am

And one important point
If the stock model took 7 months to get there , and you don’t know how long it’s sat for in stock, this could put the cars VIN range in the cars likely to suffer from the infamous B pillar tick see this forum search B Pillar ticking .
Check the VIN is not in this range of affected vehicles.

Later builds are better quality too

Also say your not interested in the stock model but are now , due to price looking at other manufacturers , you might find the new price comes down as he’s trying hard to sell the older car and giving you an inflated new car cost , so shop around too.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

amal240

Post by amal240 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:50 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:10 am
Ask the dealer if the stock model is an MY19 model and is it WLTP certified.
Reason
Any vehicles held at dealers in stock after 1st September that do not have WLTP certification have to be sold second hand i.e preregistered. So in effect you would be the second owner in the UK.

Currently new cars are taking 6-8 weeks to build , why 7 months ?
Thank you so much, this is valuable information. Is there any official mention regarding the build period being 6-8 weeks? If there is, I can take it to my dealer and ask for an explanation.

The point with 10 way Seats is the lumbar support does not move up and down only in and out , fine if your curve in your back is in the right place.

If you do long journeys ACC and Lane keep Assist is great . This is only available on MY19 models .
Good to know. However the website for my country says that all models shown are MY18 ones, but ACC and Lane Keep Assist are available as options.
I suspect the cheaper car is an MY18 perhaps , check the VIN number under the bonnet on the slam plate and date of build is there.
Yes, the dealer has mentioned that the cars he has in stock are MY18 models.
AND
Ask yourself this:
Are you buying the car you want and set your sights on by configuring it, or are you buying what the dealer wants to get rid of ?
I know the dealer wants to get rid of old stock, but my dilemma was whether it would be worth it to me to spend so much extra for these features, and you've made it easier to choose.
Barnsh wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:21 am
And one important point
If the stock model took 7 months to get there , and you don’t know how long it’s sat for in stock, this could put the cars VIN range in the cars likely to suffer from the infamous B pillar tick see this forum search B Pillar ticking .
Check the VIN is not in this range of affected vehicles.

Later builds are better quality too

Also say your not interested in the stock model but are now , due to price looking at other manufacturers , you might find the new price comes down as he’s trying hard to sell the older car and giving you an inflated new car cost , so shop around too.
I'll check regarding the B-pillar tick. I'm trying to shop around too, looking for other options, but there's pretty much no other premium SUV in this price bracket that does off-roading well. :cry: I test drove the Jeep Grand Cherokee but I was let down by the quality of its interiors, even on the top trims.

amal240

Post by amal240 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Regarding the In-Control Connect Pack and the In-Control Connect Pro Pack:
My dealer tells me it's not available for my market. Well, that's a big bummer, as I was excited about connecting to the car remotely using the app, starting it, turning on the AC, etc.

My questions:
1) Can I opt for the package and then insert a SIM with data enabled, to use this feature later? Or does it require some configuration from the LR technicians to work?
2) What is the difference between the In-Control Connect Pack and the In-Control Connect Pro Pack? It doesn't say anything on the website.

amal240

Post by amal240 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Also please answer the following question:
Do I have to opt for the Powered Gesture Tailgate to get the Powered Tailgate? Or is the powered tailgate standard and is that option only to add the Gesture function? I can't see myself ever using the Gesture feature, but I need the powered tailgate.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:27 pm

amal240 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:08 pm
Also please answer the following question:
Do I have to opt for the Powered Gesture Tailgate to get the Powered Tailgate? Or is the powered tailgate standard and is that option only to add the Gesture function? I can't see myself ever using the Gesture feature, but I need the powered tailgate.
Hi the Gesture is where you swing your foot underneath to open/close it , it’s a bit of a hit and miss at times and needs practice otherwise you make a complete fool of yourself, usually when lots of folk are watching. Sometimes it’s a complete pain as my dog runs underneath and opens it :roll:
The boots are electric open and shut without the gesture bit added
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:32 pm

amal240 wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm
Regarding the In-Control Connect Pack and the In-Control Connect Pro Pack:
My dealer tells me it's not available for my market. Well, that's a big bummer, as I was excited about connecting to the car remotely using the app, starting it, turning on the AC, etc.

My questions:
1) Can I opt for the package and then insert a SIM with data enabled, to use this feature later? Or does it require some configuration from the LR technicians to work?
2) What is the difference between the In-Control Connect Pack and the In-Control Connect Pro Pack? It doesn't say anything on the website.
The bit you want for starting it remotely is call the in control remote premium .
One thing we have found if any options aren’t on your car when you order it JLR will not add or turn them in afterwards so make sure you have everything you want at the outset.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”