Door stuck - not latch

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Dashnine

Re: OSR Door Won't Open - Not Latch

Post by Dashnine » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:36 pm

Don’t think it’s an MOT failure. Would be if it didn’t close, but as it won’t open it’s secure. Tester can test the seat belts with access from the NSR side.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:55 pm

I seem to recall this was a common fault on the FL2 as well.....
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian Audio
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Woolmeister

Post by Woolmeister » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:36 pm
Don’t think it’s an MOT failure. Would be if it didn’t close, but as it won’t open it’s secure. Tester can test the seat belts with access from the NSR side.

“Driver and passenger doors must open from the outside using the relevant control.”

The MOT test classifies it as a Major fault.
17MY HSE Auto 180 in Carpathian Grey with Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Roof Rails, and Row 2 USB.
Stereophonic B Pillar Ticking (No Cost Option) and a horrendous auto box.
DISCO3.CO.UK Member - Trying a DS for a while - Meh
MINI Cooper D Convertible

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:11 pm

Woolmeister wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:04 pm
Dashnine wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:36 pm

“Driver and passenger doors must open from the outside using the relevant control.”

The MOT test classifies it as a Major fault.
Oops, out of date site.

Still, door not opening - not exactly end of the world stuff, is it?
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Woolmeister

Post by Woolmeister » Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:35 pm

Absolutely spot on, -9.

Doors are massively overrated for getting in and out of motor vehicles safely. Anybody who travels in a motor vehicle really ought to be skilled at entering and exiting the vehicle like Luke and Bo Duke from "The Dukes of Hazard".

:roll:
17MY HSE Auto 180 in Carpathian Grey with Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Roof Rails, and Row 2 USB.

Barnsh

Re: Door stuck - not latch

Post by Barnsh » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:11 pm

Topics merged and cleaned up of irrelevant comments
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

CRC@LandRover

Post by CRC@LandRover » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:26 pm

Woolmeister wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Daughter couldn't open the OSR door earlier to get out of the car. Wouldn't open from inside nor the outside. Couldn't figure out what the issue was but it's certainly not the latch.

Upon closer inspection, it looks as though the entire door card has partially fallen off the door - whilst closed - thus preventing the door from moving. I can just about open it about 50mm or so but it's going to take a severe amount of force to pull it fully open, and will almost certainly break something in doing so.

The AA are on their way; I won't be held responsible for breaking anything on it. I refuse to drive this heap of junk again until it's properly fixed. It's dangerous as the door will not open in an emergency situation and would fail an MOT test if it ever reaches three years old in my ownership.

Not only is my Discovery Sport "not as described", and "not of satisfactory quality", it's also "a potential deathtrap" (to quote Lynn Foulds Wood).

The build quality of this car never ceases to amaze me.

Steve
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your post.

I am deeply sorry to learn of this.

Please DM me with your contact, vehicle and retailer details for me to investigate this matter further.

Thanks,

Chand - Land Rover UK

Woolmeister

Post by Woolmeister » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:33 am

You have a PM, Chand.

Steve

Lolo85

Post by Lolo85 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:17 pm

This is a bulletin on topix so it’s a known issue. My door card is on back order until end of sep hopefully. . I’m just worried that my other doors will experience the same problem when I’m out of warranty!
15MY HSE 2.2

Lolo85

Post by Lolo85 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:59 pm

So to add to this, yesterday the rear left door would not open for my daughter and it was not the door card. It eventually opened later that day after locking and unlocking several times and starting and turning off the engine. Electrical gremlins I suppose and it’s something that cannot be reproduced at the dealers so I’m sure they won’t do anything .. :roll:
15MY HSE 2.2

Return to “Faults & Technical”