Radio/Nav/Climate - software glitch or major problem?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Barnsh

Re: Radio/Nav/Climate - software glitch or major problem?

Post by Barnsh » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 pm

xrg4 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:39 pm
Well, this is very odd!
On Friday morning, I drove approx. 12 miles in the morning and the same in the afternoon and all functions worked perfectly.
Sound was spread as I wanted - more or less mid car; Nav was accurate; Climate (cool) worked as I wanted.

I've left posting until now in case it was a one off but journeys on Saturday and Sunday were without fault too.

I've reported the issue + several other minor others to the dealer and wait their response but it seems as though it may have been a temporary problem. I can but hope!
Strange, but as long as your dealer has a note of the issues whilst it’s in warranty you should be covered.
Are you on ICTP ( big screen) or ICT small screen.

I did wonder if your battery might be slightly down this might explain the odd behaviour when you tried withoutvthe engine running....just a thought not knowing how far your trips are .

When JLR assist came out to my dead battery a while back he said the minute you open the door and infotainment etc starts up your draining about 20 Amps, so best to fire up the engine before fiddling with ICTP.

He also stated that heat is just as much a killer of these new batteries as cold is. Ideal for the boot not near an engine 😳

https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php ... ss_mat_agm
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

xrg4

Post by xrg4 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:46 pm

Battery location - who would have guessed. Maybe I'll buy an old Mini to make sure the battery lasts!

I do tend to do short journeys and the car is often unused for several days at a time; so it is probable that the battery needs a boost.

What intrigued me is that two other posters reported similar problems at more or less the same time as I did.
If we were talking about a particular piece of software on a PC instead, I'd suspect a server fault or some other temporary glitch at the manufacturer; but that's not possible in a car....or, is it?
2015 HSE Lux

xrg4

Post by xrg4 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:51 pm

..oh; and the car has the ICT small screen fitted with 'hard' buttons down each side.

Andy
2015 HSE Lux

Ian_S

Post by Ian_S » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:04 am

The CTEK MXS 5.0 battery conditioner is possibly worth getting. Quite reasonable pricing on Amazon, and also supports the AGM batteries used in these cars becuase of stop/start. Speaking of which, if stop/start doesn't kick in at all, then that can be another indication of poor battery state. Stop/Start hammers the battery and if you don't do many journeys that are long enough to recharge it, it's probably on a permanent downward spiral. The CTEK would fix that.
MY2016 HSE TD4 180

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:46 am

Ian_S wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:04 am
The CTEK MXS 5.0 battery conditioner is possibly worth getting.
+1
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Q86ARR

Post by Q86ARR » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:05 am

Seems like you’re the not the first person to have this issue. I’ve seen two personally!

Worth trying a battery hard reset and see how it goes. This fixed one of them, didn’t try it with the other!

James h

Post by James h » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:10 pm

I've had the same problem since July, with the Sat Nav card in it would go mad, took card out and would behave as if someone was pressing the screen, would jump between screens constantly. When trying to use phone it would add numbers by itself. Been to the dealer and as it's just out of warranty 2 weeks they said I needed a new screen, but they would take it up with Land rover to see if they would replace under warranty. Still awaiting response. But in the meantime read somewhere that it was a heat issue and strangely now the hot weather has ended, normal service has returned. All functions are acting correctly. have replaced the Sat Nav card and all OK. Would be interested if others have gone back to normal now the weather has cooled down.

xrg4

Post by xrg4 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:13 pm

I had not made that connection but yes; the first time it returned to normal was about 7 in the morning ie: cooler.
My issues lasted about a week and have been fine since, including a round trip of c. 150 miles this weekend.

I put it down to software problem but it could well have been temperature related. That of course raises another set of questions eg: why would it happen here in relatively high temperatures for the UK but not be reported from other consistently warmer climates like the States or Australia?

Could it be unique to UK spec'd cars? Surely not!
2015 HSE Lux

James h

Post by James h » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 am

Interesting that both our cars are 2015 could it be an early glitch that has since been corrected in later models, but yes must have been a poblem in other countries, saw the comment about the heat on a US website. I'll be interested to hear what Land Rovers response is, will post when I hear from them.

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”