My Rant for the day is .....

The place to discuss everything else..
Barnsh

My Rant for the day is .....

Post by Barnsh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 am

Keep it nice guys and girls , but post your Rants here !
It’ll save some of the threads wondering too far off topic hopefully. If it gets out of hand I’ll just delete the topic.

I’ll start

Fed up of delivery companies saying you were out when you've waited in all day .
Don’t they realise with CCTV you can prove they are liars .
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Chippy

Re: My Rant for the day is .....

Post by Chippy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm

I'm fed up because I have absolutely nothing at all which I can rant about today. :lol:

But I'm sure that will change before too long.

Incidentally I see no reason why these this thread should get personal so long as we all respect the fact, as BFG rightly says, that we are a democratic forum and thank heavens for that.

Over and out.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:54 pm

Now, as a matter of interest I've just looked at the dictionary definition of "rant" and it says:

"Speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way."

In that case (and, of course without wishing to be personal) I have to question whether or not the first contribution from Barnsh of just two lines was indeed a rant :D

So (sorry for beginning the sentence with "so") I think we all have to try harder in the future - me included of course ;)

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:03 pm

....why is the fact that the 12 top earners in the BBC are men, headline news?

Fair enough that if women are doing the same job they should get the same money as a man (except when the man does more, e.g. Matt Baker does Countryfile as well as The One Show, but they bung some cash at Alex Jones to make her feel better).

Does this mean positive discrimination needs to take place, to replace Gary Lineker (top earner) with a woman on Match of the Day? On the women's football Match of the Day should it appear - maybe.

I'm fed up with all this positive discrimination towards women (and the disabled). If a man's doing the job because of his background, experience, ability, because he's funnier (Norton - but he ticks the LGBT box too), has worked all his like to get where he is with that single aim (Evans, Wright, etc.) then that's how it panned out and we shouldn't be changing it for appearances sake.

By all means have equality in interviews and salarys for jobs, but we shouldn't have quotas to fill. It's discrimination against the males.

Off we go.....
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm

I do believe that the wonderful Terry Nation creation of the 1960's wander the corridors of the BBC all day long in groups of three. For those who don't have a clue what I am talking about, I am of course referring to the Daleks. Only these days, they don't growl "exterminate, exterminate" (far too aggressive for today's snowflakes don'tcha know?), instead they go into every department growling "diversity, diversity, you will obey diversity!"
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Buy british

Post by Buy british » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm gonna stay well away from this section of the forum...........it'll do my head in eventually.
Arrived 30/05/18.........HSE 240 petrol..byron blue..18" grey wheels...cirrus leather..adaptive dampers..service pack..
Factory fitted options =... prayer mat, ..shrine to Buddah, ..and some worry beads hanging from the steering wheel.

Buy british

Post by Buy british » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:36 pm

By the way, just got home from a half day LR experience course.

Most enjoyable, and you have to admire these vehicles on the climbs and steep drops, on desperate stone tracks.

I know many of you folks have reason to slate them.....but when they are right, they're a marvel really.

My one month old car is A1 so far, .....and more enjoyable than my 4.0 X5 in every way, except front seat size.

This 2.0 petrol engine is just a miracle in a heavy vehicle like this....and adaptive dynamics makes it a joy to drive in the countryside.

So very content so far 👯......I may be back in future for a rant...👿
Arrived 30/05/18.........HSE 240 petrol..byron blue..18" grey wheels...cirrus leather..adaptive dampers..service pack..
Factory fitted options =... prayer mat, ..shrine to Buddah, ..and some worry beads hanging from the steering wheel.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Buy british wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:36 pm
By the way, just got home from a half day LR experience course.

Most enjoyable, and you have to admire these vehicles on the climbs and steep drops, on desperate stone tracks.

I know many of you folks have reason to slate them.....but when they are right, they're a marvel really.

My one month old car is A1 so far, .....and more enjoyable than my 4.0 X5 in every way, except front seat size.

This 2.0 petrol engine is just a miracle in a heavy vehicle like this....and adaptive dynamics makes it a joy to drive in the countryside.

So very content so far 👯......I may be back in future for a rant...👿
Now that’s what I’d call a positive rant BB if indeed there is such a thing.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:06 pm

Chippy wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:54 pm
Now, as a matter of interest I've just looked at the dictionary definition of "rant" and it says:

"Speak or shout at length in an angry, impassioned way."

In that case (and, of course without wishing to be personal) I have to question whether or not the first contribution from Barnsh of just two lines was indeed a rant :D

So (sorry for beginning the sentence with "so") I think we all have to try harder in the future - me included of course ;)
‘‘Twas a tiny rant Im sure much longer ones will surface sooner or later :lol:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:10 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 pm
I do believe that the wonderful Terry Nation creation of the 1960's wander the corridors of the BBC all day long in groups of three. For those who don't have a clue what I am talking about, I am of course referring to the Daleks. Only these days, they don't growl "exterminate, exterminate" (far too aggressive for today's snowflakes don'tcha know?), instead they go into every department growling "diversity, diversity, you will obey diversity!"
My other half had a “diversity course” at work he refused to go ....was last heard muttering “ utter time wasters, the lot of them”
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”