Random deleting of saved radio stations

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
SailorDoc

Random deleting of saved radio stations

Post by SailorDoc » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:07 pm

My MY 18 DS has developed an odd quirk over the last few weeks. It keeps randomly deleting the saved DAB radio stations. I’m not sure if it happens on every restart yet but will check this today. Anybody got any clues before I book in to the Stealer?
MY18 DS SE Tech 180HP Automatic Santorini Black

Badgerface

Re: Random deleting of saved radio stations

Post by Badgerface » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:07 pm

It shouldn't, as they are stored in a ROM. Even after a battery disconnection or SW update they should still be stored. Get it in for a check.
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:24 pm

Software update possibly , see this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7747&p=85745&hilit= ... ons#p85745
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

County

Post by County » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:38 pm

Hi
Mine did this some time ago and a software update sorted it out along with a few other niggles. ;)
:D B 1984 RR Vouge, Then BMW. Back to LR, H 1991 Disco 1, L 1993 Disco, N 1996 Disco, Y 2001 Disco, 53 Disco 2, 56 Disco 3
MY10 FL2 TD4 XS [Nav], MY13 FL2 TD4 GS Auto
MY15 DS SE Tech Auto Firenze Red 2.2 FL engine!

Woolmeister

Post by Woolmeister » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:06 pm

My 17MY has now started doing this; It's pretty annoying, to say the least.

Losing radio stations is one thing. Not being able to listen to them on my non-Meridian audio system is something else. :evil:

Worst. Car. Ever.
17MY HSE Auto 180 in Carpathian Grey with Ebony Leather, Privacy Glass, Roof Rails, and Row 2 USB.
Stereophonic B Pillar Ticking (No Cost Option) and a horrendous auto box.
DISCO3.CO.UK Contributor of 10 Years - Trying a DS for a while
MINI Cooper D Convertible

Rogc

Post by Rogc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:00 pm

The only time this happened to my ds was when the AA plugged in their code reader.
MY18 HSE Lux Dynamic in Corris Gray Diesel 180HP, electric deployable towbar, surround camera system, in control pro.
https://sites.google.com/view/discovery-sport-1/home

SailorDoc

Post by SailorDoc » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:03 pm

No, my car has not had anything attached to the OBD port. Still happening, but not at every engine start. Bizarre.

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:02 pm

Happens about every month to me, did on my second car as well. One first you couldn't actually store any stations unless the engine was running! If you are really lucky it also resets all the volumes and sat nav settings back to default.

Long since give up on this car, not premium and actually fairy s*** when you dig below the surface. Roll on September and my new car.
Gone: SD4 HSE, TD4 HSE Lux.

TD4 (180PS) HSE Lux, Auto, Santorini, Ivory Leather, 19" Chrome Shadow alloys, Privacy Glass, Mudflaps (poor start..constant niggles).

Mid Sep - E220d AMG Cabriolet
Late Sep - E220d AMG Estate

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:24 pm

I haven't had this problem on the DS, but have periodically had over the last 5 years or so something on the FL2 (Meridian Sound System 825w) which may/may not correlate.

Randomly, and for no known issue whatsoever, when I turn on the Audio system in that vehicle, my pre-sets display as a bank of 6 boxes filled with ---- in each one. A momentary press of each box not only tunes to the previously stored station, it also restores the station name over the dashes. I have to go through this palava every couple of months...some on Freel2 think its battery charge related, but given that I keep mine on a C-tek trickle charger when not in use find that somewhat hard to believe.

Just as a matter of interest, what exactly does your screen display (or not as the case maybe) and does touching the blanks restore the pre-programmed stations by any chance?
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

SailorDoc

Post by SailorDoc » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:46 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:24 pm
I haven't had this problem on the DS, but have periodically had over the last 5 years or so something on the FL2 (Meridian Sound System 825w) which may/may not correlate.

Randomly, and for no known issue whatsoever, when I turn on the Audio system in that vehicle, my pre-sets display as a bank of 6 boxes filled with ---- in each one. A momentary press of each box not only tunes to the previously stored station, it also restores the station name over the dashes. I have to go through this palava every couple of months...some on Freel2 think its battery charge related, but given that I keep mine on a C-tek trickle charger when not in use find that somewhat hard to believe.

Just as a matter of interest, what exactly does your screen display (or not as the case maybe) and does touching the blanks restore the pre-programmed stations by any chance?
Bizarrely, Radio 1 has never been deleted, even though all of the other presets have been! All apart from the first saved station (Radio 1) would show - - - . Tried pressing some of those just now - nothing happens. However, it doesn’t seem to have reset again over the last few days so have stored a few stations and will see what happens....

Return to “Faults & Technical”