Oil change cost

All Discovery Sport related discussions
PedroT

Re: Oil change cost

Post by PedroT » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:33 pm

For those who are considering an interim oil change due to the possible fuel dilution problem: simply draining the oil charge and refilling with new oil, without bothering about changing the filter would probably be about 95% efficient and very easy to do.
MY16 SE Plus Pano Roof Rev camera removable tow bar. Prev. Kia Sportage

roadster

Post by roadster » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Following my previous post I have now changed the oil and filter - 12 months from new. I carried out the service counter reset and the information screen now shows oil service at 10,000 miles. As I will most probably have a 'proper' service at 24 months I am not really that concerned about what this means.
2018 MY Diesel auto 180 SE tech

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 pm

roadster wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:48 pm
Following my previous post I have now changed the oil and filter - 12 months from new. I carried out the service counter reset and the information screen now shows oil service at 10,000 miles. As I will most probably have a 'proper' service at 24 months I am not really that concerned about what this means.
Just bear in mind the car won’t flag up the 24 month service as it thinks it’s now due at 36 months or in 21,000 miles. The Oil Service counter will continue to countdown until it thinks it’s got 6.2% dilution and then activate the warning (as it doesn’t know it’s had an oil change).
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Nelly83

Post by Nelly83 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:12 pm

I’ve had my oil and filter changed today by LR at 6000 miles. Free of charge.
I was expecting a battle but nothing, no problems at all, went well and good service with no grumbles.
Car was estimating dillution at 6.7% so will be interested to see the Millers sample results I sent yesterday.
Interestingly it now says oil service due in 12450 miles! We will see.
MY18 HSE Black in Fuji white, Diesel 180HP, UK

roadster

Post by roadster » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:00 am

Dashnine wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:24 pm
roadster wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:48 pm
Just bear in mind the car won’t flag up the 24 month service as it thinks it’s now due at 36 months or in 21,000 miles. The Oil Service counter will continue to countdown until it thinks it’s got 6.2% dilution and then activate the warning (as it doesn’t know it’s had an oil change).
Yes that's more or less what I thought. Really stupid that the cars owner can't contribute to the service record electronically but I keep my own service notes anyway. Another interesting observation is that the sump has an insulating jacket, presumably to get the oil temperature up more quickly in cold climates. I've never seen that before but maybe its a diesel thing, or is it a new addition to help drive off fuel contamination?
2018 MY Diesel auto 180 SE tech

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”