Affects of Brexit and UK influence on NCAP

The place to discuss everything else..
Barnsh

Re: Affects of Brexit and UK influence on NCAP

Post by Barnsh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:16 pm

depicus wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:21 pm
Let's just hope there are farmers left after all those subsidies are gone, I guess in the post Brexit utopia of Wetherspoons Tim Martin, who needs to fallow fields and replenish the nutrients when he can cut 1p of the cost of a meal but of course he's happy to import from anywhere as long as it's cheap. Just wonder if anybody will have a job left to pay for it.

Cannot argue about the fisheries policy but like a small minority of cases from the ECHR these are the prices you pay for joining the club and despite what the Daily Mail tells you the UK has approved nearly every bit of legislation coming out of Brussels - even the straight banana directive which actually was about not selling bananas with "knuckles" which were linked to increases in cancer but let's not let a good story get in the way of facts or your health.

The situation will need a miracle because jobs are already going abroad, any saving in membership fees will be lost in custom charges for companies so I'd be interested on how you think thinks could possibly improve (except for the 10,000 fishermen who seem to be the only winners as long as they can still sell to Europe)

Of course it will all pale into insignificance when unskilled workers are replaced by robots.
Wow he’s off and running now !

https://news.sky.com/story/wetherspoons ... s-11403319
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

philn

Post by philn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 pm

I may be wrong but if we import more from the EU than we sell to them then the nett effect will be a profit in custom charges or do they think we won't put charges on their goods.
Just get on with it and let's see what happens.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

timhum

Post by timhum » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:59 am

I'm in the USA at the moment with a friend who is fairly senior engineer in the auto industry. Many of the components used in the vehicles he works on come from Mexico. It seems that President Trump wants to bring back jobs to the USA and infers he will impose import duties to encourage this. The engineering response is that this will speed up the introduction of more robots in the business as they will be less expensive than NA labour.
Tim
Tim
HSE auto, replaced with a RRS HSE 3.0d

depicus

Post by depicus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 am

philn wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:35 pm
I may be wrong but if we import more from the EU than we sell to them then the nett effect will be a profit in custom charges or do they think we won't put charges on their goods.
Doesn't quite work like that. Inbound goods are taxed by the government and outbound goods incur costs by the manufacturer. I haven't heard yet the government say they will reimburse the £20billion+ extra costs.

I'm happy there are so many people with an optimistic outlook on life, even if they are jumping over a wall without knowing what's on the other side.
MY17 DISCOVERY SPORT HSE TD4 MANUAL E-Capability in Santorini Black with 18" 511's in black, from Guy Salmon in Ascot.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 am

depicus wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 am
philn wrote:
Doesn't quite work like that. Inbound goods are taxed by the government and outbound goods incur costs by the manufacturer. I haven't heard yet the government say they will reimburse the £20billion+ extra costs.

I'm happy there are so many people with an optimistic outlook on life, even if they are jumping over a wall without knowing what's on the other side.
They'll be OK when they hurt themselves Jumping over the wall, as the NHS will be so much better with the £350M a week it's going to get. Oh, wait a minute.....
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm

It’s certainly clear who is against and who is in favor.

No comments from me though I’d get my head bitten off by you know who :lol:
Gone

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Chippy wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:33 pm
It’s certainly clear who is against and who is in favor.

No comments from me though I’d get my head bitten off by you know who :lol:
No heads will be bitten :lol:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

philn

Post by philn » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 pm

depicus wrote:
philn wrote:

Works exactly like that, there will me more money coming into the country than going out of it.
MERC GLC43

depicus

Post by depicus » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:50 pm

philn wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 pm
depicus wrote:
philn wrote:

Works exactly like that, there will me more money coming into the country than going out of it.
No you're confusing custom charges with tariffs. The £20billion+ is the cost of doing extra paperwork and while that would go back into the economy via wages etc. it's really wasted time and money as it produces nothing tangible. Exports would cost an estimated 6% more but that doesn't factor in the time at port which the HMRC did not quantify. The converse is that imports would cost about 4-5% more again because of added red tape. None of this money moves outside of their country but just adds to the burden on business.

You're right about tariffs if it was a total like for like import/exports, this is where a hard Brexit would - all things staying the same and using a 10% average for tariffs - add about £8 billion to the economy, so on HMRC figures the UK would still be out of pocket by £12 billion. Take off the costs paying into the EU of about £10 billion and you're down to about £2 billion.
MY17 DISCOVERY SPORT HSE TD4 MANUAL E-Capability in Santorini Black with 18" 511's in black, from Guy Salmon in Ascot.

philn

Post by philn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:10 pm

Perhaps you should replace David Davis!.
MERC GLC43

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”