Will I get a HSE Black ???

All Discovery Sport related discussions
PABLO807

Will I get a HSE Black ???

Post by PABLO807 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Ladies and Gents
Hi to all. I ordered an HSE Black in the beginning of May. Speced up the bigger infotainment system , black roof lining and memory seats. Happy with the deal and paid my deposit. The salesperson said delivery would be in September.
Today though on the LR website they are not offering an specific HSE Black now and the only option I can see to get near the spec I want is to get the normal HSE and build a black.
My question guys is does it say LR HSE Black on the registration document or just Discovery Sport.
Not had a call yet from the dealer to inform me or if they are going to ask for more money.
The shine is comming off the new car feeling... :(
Cheers

Dashnine

Re: Will I get a HSE Black ???

Post by Dashnine » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:38 pm

It’s HSE Black on the V5.

I noticed the Black had been dropped, apparently in favour of the Grey (I mean the Landmark). Which is a shame as the extra cost is an ‘extra’ rather than part of a model spec in its own right (regarding book value come trade in).

As you say it now appears you have to add the black pack to the HSE to get what you want, as with the petrol HSEs since they were launched.

Back to the dealer I fear, as a September build will be MY19 to the new specs.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

PABLO807

Post by PABLO807 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:55 pm

By the way of an update, got a call from the dealer today informing that the new car has been scheduled to go in to build 20 July with delivery to the showroom 3 August. Dealer didn't mention anything about it not being a HSE Black. The only thing she asked was if I wanted it then or wait for the new reg in September. It's going straight on to a private plate so I diddnt think that was an issue ?
Will post more when known.
Regards.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Think it'll be a 'Black' then as the Black will disappear at the changeover to MY19 at the summer shutdown. I would imagine yours would be one of the last!
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

philn

Post by philn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 am

PABLO807 wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:55 pm
By the way of an update, got a call from the dealer today informing that the new car has been scheduled to go in to build 20 July with delivery to the showroom 3 August. Dealer didn't mention anything about it not being a HSE Black. The only thing she asked was if I wanted it then or wait for the new reg in September. It's going straight on to a private plate so I diddnt think that was an issue ?
Regards.
Wait until September for delivery because when you come to sell it the replacement plate will be 68 reg not 18 reg and that will make it worth more.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Koevoet

Post by Koevoet » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am

philn wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 am
PABLO807 wrote:
Regards.
Wait until September for delivery because when you come to sell it the replacement plate will be 68 reg not 18 reg and that will make it worth more.
i enquired as to the benefit as my car is also due for delivery end of July / start of August. was told there would be minimal if any change in value as with having two reg dates a year these days its not making the same impact as it used to, possibly around £150 if your lucky. Mine also going straight onto private plate. Think I would rather have the car than risk it getting scratched / damaged sitting in a depot tbh.Dealer car preperation isnt exactly on a par with a detailer at the best of times without increasing the chances of less than perfect condition.
Going in September : Lexus NX 300H
On order : DS HSE petrol 240, Firenze red with Contrasting black roof ,18" dark grey rims
In the garage for fundays: Porsche 981 Boxster S, PSE ,PASM,LSD, PTV, Sport chrono and manual gearbox :D

philn

Post by philn » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Koevoet wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:40 am
philn wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:22 am
PABLO807 wrote:
Regards.
i enquired as to the benefit as my car is also due for delivery end of July / start of August. was told there would be minimal if any change in value as with having two reg dates a year these days its not making the same impact as it used to, possibly around £150 if your lucky. Mine also going straight onto private plate. Think I would rather have the car than risk it getting scratched / damaged sitting in a depot tbh.Dealer car preperation isnt exactly on a par with a detailer at the best of times without increasing the chances of less than perfect condition.
The dealers will tell you anything to get money in their coffers, there is a difference in resale and desirability.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

castiel109

Post by castiel109 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:20 am

The value difference will be more like £2000. The same happened to me. Only take the August delivery if you get a substantial discount for doing so to offset the lower resale value.
2016 Discovery Sport HSE 180. Corris Grey, Privacy Glass, Side Steps.

Brianthemodeller

Post by Brianthemodeller » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:19 am

I am in a similar position - my new HSE is due for build in August and will have a personal plate fitted. However, my dealer said it would actually be better to wait until September for delivery both for me (better residual value) and for them (higher sales target for September than August). I am happy to wait as we are on holiday for the last two weeks in August and the car is probably safer at the dealership than at Manchester Airport!
DS HSE 150 Manual on order expected September 2018... maybe... hopefully... ;)

Koevoet

Post by Koevoet » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:28 pm

castiel109 wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:20 am
The value difference will be more like £2000. The same happened to me. Only take the August delivery if you get a substantial discount for doing so to offset the lower resale value.
You are absolutely correct. I spoke to a friend in the trade, he would never register a car in the month leading up to a new reg. He agrees with you that value will be minimum £1 -£1.5k. Unless dealer offers to sweeten the deal, wait. Consequently I have emailed the dealer and requested to take delivery in September with the new registration. It was originally an August build for September delivery anyway.
Going in September : Lexus NX 300H
On order : DS HSE petrol 240, Firenze red with Contrasting black roof ,18" dark grey rims
In the garage for fundays: Porsche 981 Boxster S, PSE ,PASM,LSD, PTV, Sport chrono and manual gearbox :D

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”