Volvo XC90 3 months in

The place to discuss everything else..
Chippy

Re: Volvo XC90 3 months in

Post by Chippy » Thu May 17, 2018 8:20 pm

Hang on in there Mark. The sensible people on the forum and that’s 99% of us appreciate your input and comments. It’d be a shame if you were to go just because of a couple of unqualified comments.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu May 17, 2018 8:26 pm

We actively encourage previous owners to report (good and bad) on their next vehicle after a DS in the off topic section.
Anyone suggesting folks leave this forum will be warned and subsequently banned for this attitude.
This is a friendly forum so please try to keep it this way . If you don’t like a users post and cannot reply constructively , then best not to reply at all and scroll on past.
Likewise if you see such posts that are derogatory or asking others to not post, please hit the report button , I’ll pick them up quicker .
It’s better to report than let things escalate.
Thanks
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

wardie

Post by wardie » Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 pm

Well said barnsh IMHO a lot of people on the forum post really useful advice on the DS and comparisons to other vehicles, there is a high signal to noise ratio on the site and personally I like reading it still and occasionally contributing even after selling my DS. Also it’s down to voluntary effort of the mods to keep it going so thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gone: MY16 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Corris grey, ebony leather, 19" style 902, detachable tow bar, silver roof rails, memory seats, InControl plus & secure, traffic sign recognition, HomeLink, USBs passenger shelf & 2nd row, service plan

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu May 17, 2018 8:51 pm

wardie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:31 pm
Well said barnsh IMHO a lot of people on the forum post really useful advice on the DS and comparisons to other vehicles, there is a high signal to noise ratio on the site and personally I like reading it still and occasionally contributing even after selling my DS. Also it’s down to voluntary effort of the mods to keep it going so thank you.

Think the suns gone to a few heads :roll:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Thu May 17, 2018 9:19 pm

wardie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Chippy wrote:Thanks for taking the time to comment on the Volvo Mark and it's good to hear that you're so pleased with it.

Have you any idea who makes the gearbox for Volvo?

Cheers, Chippy
Think its an 8-speed Aisin AW TG-81SC (Wikipedia)
Interesting as my Q7 has a ZF 8 speed box and its completely different to the ZF9 in the DS (in a good “i never think about it” way)

The ZF 8 speed is the longitudinal installation box, the 9 speed is for transverse installations and they are completely unrelated, different philosophies, clutch type combinations, etc. I think the XC-90 is transverse too however, but I don't know if it can change down multiple gears at the same time which the ZF 9 can, which is maybe it's downfall (causing the delay of which people speak but I rarely get unless I'm flooring it and it jumps down several gears).
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Fri May 18, 2018 10:22 am

[/quote]

Warnings issued , folks if you see comments like this please hit the report button I pick them up quicker then.

More than happy for you to stay if you want Weemark , the comments are fowl of the rules and have been treated as such.
[/quote]

Fouling up! Stop ducking the issue! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gone: SD4 HSE, TD4 HSE Lux.

Going: TD4 HSE Lux Auto (before it falls apart)

Arriving Mid Sep - Mercedes E220d AMG Cabriolet
Arriving Mid Oct - Mercedes E220d AMG Estate

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Fri May 18, 2018 10:29 am

Weemark,

Great write up. A friend of mine has an XC90 and his being a base model and my DS a top end model the price is about the same. Although I haven't been in it when moving, as soon as I sat behind the wheel I did think wow! how lovely it was built and the tactility of the surfaces etc.

A few weeks later when at our local LR garage for warranty work on the DS (which is also a Volvo garage) I sat in the (then) brand new XC60 and thought wow this is even nicer. Sadly it doesn't meet our requirements, but if it did then I think the Volvo in either XC 60 or 90 form is a tough act to improve on.

Regarding negative comments, I shall definitely be posting some comments on here when I get my Mercedes, after all spec for spec its less money than a similar specced DS (accepting they are different types of cars) so I think it is worthy of posting.

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Fri May 18, 2018 10:33 am

Looking forward to your comments on the Mercedes later in the year.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Fri May 18, 2018 10:48 am

Chippy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:33 am
Well when we finally get it. My wife's Cabriolet now has a build date (and the new WLTP engine certification) of mid June, mine (again will now be the new WLTP certification) is still waiting for a slot.

I shall be slightly anxious until we have had the first tow with the caravan; it will have alot to live up to rated against the DS's first class towing abilities.

BFGDSMan

Post by BFGDSMan » Fri May 18, 2018 10:48 am

BFGDSMan wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:48 am
Chippy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:33 am
Well when we finally get it. My wife's Cabriolet now has a build date (and the new WLTP engine certification) of mid June, my Estate (again will now be the new WLTP certification) is still waiting for a slot.

I shall be slightly anxious until we have had the first tow with the caravan; it will have alot to live up to rated against the DS's first class towing abilities.

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”