Tailgate struts

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Caninecapers

Re: Tailgate struts

Post by Caninecapers » Thu May 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Tailgate struts and rear disks and pads replaced under warranty today.....car has 24500 miles on the clock.

DS SteveB

Post by DS SteveB » Fri May 18, 2018 6:44 am

I have just had my 'first' major service, I had the front pads changed for brake squeal in January & now I felt a bit of brake judder & the technician saw that the rear discs were pitted so these are being changed under warranty also. I also had one tailgate strut changed under warranty last year as it was making a crunching noise & they are changing the other one now as it is making a similar noise. Both these are faults that are well known to LR so don't let them fob you off! Make sure that if the discs are changed that they put new pads in at the same time. :D
MY16.5 Discovery Sport SE Tech 180, Auto, Fuji White, Black Leather.
Ordered: 7/4/16, Built: 3/5/16
Delivered: 12/5/16
Gone: Holden Clubsport R8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra.

Caninecapers

Post by Caninecapers » Fri May 18, 2018 2:33 pm

I have never had a problem with the dealership, excellent service over the last eight years. They changed the disks and pads plus the tailgate struts without any hassle...there are one or two good JLR dealerships around!

Buy british

Post by Buy british » Fri May 18, 2018 2:58 pm

Does anyone have info on whether this was only a problem on certain past production runs, ... or is it still becoming apparent on latest cars ?...😒

If it is... What the flip are they doing about it ?...
Awaiting Delivery.....HSE 240 petrol..byron blue..18" grey wheels...cirrus leather..adaptive dampers..service pack..

philn

Post by philn » Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 pm

Buy british wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:58 pm
Does anyone have info on whether this was only a problem on certain past production runs, ... or is it still becoming apparent on latest cars ?...😒

If it is... What the flip are they doing about it ?...
Tailgate struts have been an issue since launch of DS.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”