Soon to be new owner

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
philn

Re: Soon to be new owner

Post by philn » Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Maybe it's the cover for the bottom of the load bay!.
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

SteveT

Post by SteveT » Tue May 15, 2018 9:57 pm

It’s the load space liner tray VPLCS0274. Now you mention it, I can see a load space cover is supplied as standard which I definitely didn’t get.
DS MY18 HSE Luxury TD4 Auto 180
Santorini Black, Roof Rails, Flaps, Entertainment Pack (with InControl Touch Pro Nav), Privacy Glass, 19" Black Wheels

SteveT

Post by SteveT » Tue May 15, 2018 10:29 pm

Ah, so now I looked in the book, the load space cover is the high level cover that pulls out and rolls back into its housing at the top of the seats. I do have this so I am fully equipped. The one he is giving me is for the floor of the load space.
Santorini Black, Roof Rails, Flaps, Entertainment Pack (with InControl Touch Pro Nav), Privacy Glass, 19" Black Wheels

SteveT

Post by SteveT » Thu May 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Car back in the dealer today having the DAB radio sorted which has not worked since I picked it up and the media system (Pro) updated as it locked up a couple of times and wouldn't play any media until i had let it reset after 30 mins. It seems it has last years software despite me asking if it was all up to date when I picked it up - they just checked Topix and said nothing needed doing so assumed everything was 'latest' - he even showed me the screen when I asked on collection. Anyway, they have until tomorrow to update everything.

Badgerface

Post by Badgerface » Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm

Dealers eh? They lie, and lie, and lie....do the bare minimum, sometimes nothing at all, yet give an impression that you are thick and they know everything and anything.

With the exception of a family-run dealership in Torver, every main dealer that I have had the misfortune to encounter over the last 7 years all have one thing in common - they are utterly USELESS!
MY17 HSE Luxury TD4 Ingenium 180ps - Aintree Green with Black Pack/ICTP/825w Meridian
MY13 HSE Luxury FL2 2.2 SD4 190ps - Baltic Blue with NO Oil dilution issues whatsoever!
MY12 HSE FL2. 2.2 SD4 190ps - Sumatra Black - Gone

philn

Post by philn » Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm

Badgerface wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm
Dealers eh? They lie, and lie, and lie....do the bare minimum, sometimes nothing at all, yet give an impression that you are thick and they know everything and anything.

With the exception of a family-run dealership in Torver, every main dealer that I have had the misfortune to encounter over the last 7 years all have one thing in common - they are utterly USELESS!
I wouldn't say that they are as good as that Badgerface :) .
MERC GLC43
GONE MY15 HSE AUTO LUXURY, FIRENZA/IVORY

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Thu May 17, 2018 11:02 pm

philn wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:27 pm
Badgerface wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:22 pm

I wouldn't say that they are as good as that Badgerface :) .
There are some good ones out there, you’ve just got to learn to handle them properly. :lol:
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

NoDiscoSport

Post by NoDiscoSport » Thu May 17, 2018 11:41 pm

I drove two Discovery Sports and both had intermittent DAB reception. The DAB on my kitchen radio intermittently burbles due to low signal so we need FM on standby to keep listening to 89.1, 91.3, 93.5 or 100.9 (yeah, I know....). Now I've found that the DAB radio on my new RAV suffers from the same intermittent signal- but I am not going to bother going back to Toyota with it because, for my money, all of this is down to the pathetic signal strength across huge parts of southern England. It's like the 4G coverage I was promised by EE....OK when it works. Thank the Lord for integrated iPods.
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Gone. Not of satisfactory quality. Not as described.

SteveT

Post by SteveT » Fri May 18, 2018 10:44 am

Quick update to keep those inquisitive members debriefed - DAB 'deaf' due to defective DAB amplifier in rear tailgate, module changed and working now, assumed to be defective on assembly (question to dealer - at what point in the QA process does the functionality of the DAB get checked - or not); also, I am having the 'Phase 3' software update as we speak - this one is interesting as despite me asking and being told that all software was 'up to date - even showing nothing required on Topix log in when the manager showed me the screen, as it was not a critical, safety or important rework, it would show nothing. It seems the factory still apply older software and my dealer assumed if nothing is on the 'list' to do, then its up to date as there is nothing else to alert them to any new software. It's odd that when something has been worked on to improve the customer experience that there is no robust process to ensure those improvements are pushed down to the customer whenever convenient i.e. at new car handover, service etc - I don't think this is unique to JLR, they all seem to respond to complaints only which is a sad reflection on proactive customer service. I wonder how many people put up with defects not knowing they maybe fixable with an update that is available...

Chippy

Post by Chippy » Fri May 18, 2018 3:37 pm

SteveT wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 10:44 am
(question to dealer - at what point in the QA process does the functionality of the DAB get checked - or not)

I wonder how many people put up with defects not knowing they maybe fixable with an update that is available...
I’d be surprised if the dealer checked DAB at all and I’m sure that the vast majority of customers are driving around with outdated software which may or may not lead to potential problems.

It’s a sad state of affairs that LR lets vehicles out of the factory with outdated software relying on a far from satisfactory dealer network to put things right.
Evoque MY18 TD4 SE 180hp. Loire Blue.
DS MY17 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Aintree Green.
DS MY16 (Rejected B pillar ticking). Corris Grey.

Return to “Introductions”