Fuel in your new DS

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Dashnine

Re: Fuel in your new DS

Post by Dashnine » Fri May 18, 2018 8:40 am

My thoughts are that (dealer policy aside if you have repeatedly had full tanks) is that it's an indication of how good a deal you got - no fuel means little profit to put £60 into the deal. A full tank means they made a bit of money on the deal and are happy to throw it in, every tank at £60 has to come off the bottom line somewhere.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Mike Martin

Post by Mike Martin » Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 am

Dashnine, your suggestion is not correct in my case. The new car I picked up 3 days ago had a full tank & I was able to negoitate a good discount against list. A better discount than I received when I bought my previous Landrover (from the same dealer), and that car did not come with a full tank.

I suspect a lot has to do with the salesman, plus the dealer’s policy (which changes over time), plus how competitive the market is i.e. very competitive at the present time.
DS MY18 SE-TECH Petrol 240bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered May’18
Gone:-
DS MY16.5 SE-TECH Diesel 180bhp Auto, Fuji White, with Xenon, privacy glass etc, delivered Apr'16.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am

Mike Martin wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:08 am
Dashnine, your suggestion is not correct in my case. The new car I picked up 3 days ago had a full tank & I was able to negoitate a good discount against list. A better discount than I received when I bought my previous Landrover (from the same dealer), and that car did not come with a full tank.

I suspect a lot has to do with the salesman, plus the dealer’s policy (which changes over time), plus how competitive the market is i.e. very competitive at the present time.
As I said, policy aside....

Probably depends how the dealer run their fuel account, if it's just used and paid for out of overall running costs, or if each use is charged back to the account that filled the car up, much like a petrol station.
HSE Black MY16 (180 Ingenium), Santorini Black, Ebony Memory Seats, Black Roof Rails, Detachable Towbar, 2 x USB in 2nd row, Delete Badging. Golf GT Convertible and Mini First complete the family.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”