The death of diesel? Or the future?

The place to discuss everything else..
NoDiscoSport

Re: The death of diesel? Or the future?

Post by NoDiscoSport » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Barnsh wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:29 am
Bag a bargain time.
I tried carwow etc. recently and if anything the discounts seem to have gone down from where they were 4 months ago...

Straight discounting runs counter to the premium price business model but JLR costs are so high just now that the business is barely scraping a profit. Something clearly needs to be done quickly. However, it's likely that they saw this coming and decided to sell the acres of unwanted cars to themselves through a handful of subsidiaries specifically set up in advance with half-hearted, faux marketing and web sites that look vaguely like real businesses. In the near term this helps the main business enormously by masking the reduced demand for cars. In the fullness of time the subsidaries can dispose of their unwanted stock of "used" JLR cars and any P&L red ink can be blamed on market conditions and timing. If necessary, loss-making businesses can be quietly folded as insolvent. The web-sites would need to look like those of Carpe subscription rentals and Liquid car hire (InMotion Ventures is believed to be the holding company for both enterprises):

Carpe (needs Edge/Mozilla/Chrome etc on Windows)
Liquid Car Rental (We deliver and collect anywhere within central London!)
InMotion Ventures
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Gone. Not of satisfactory quality. Not as described.

Barnsh

Re: The death of diesel? Or the future?

Post by Barnsh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:28 pm

NoDiscoSport wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:55 pm
Barnsh wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:29 am
Bag a bargain time.
I tried carwow etc. recently and if anything the discounts seem to have gone down from where they were 4 months ago...

Straight discounting runs counter to the premium price business model but JLR costs are so high just now that the business is barely scraping a profit. Something clearly needs to be done quickly. However, it's likely that they saw this coming and decided to sell the acres of unwanted cars to themselves through a handful of subsidiaries specifically set up in advance with half-hearted, faux marketing and web sites that look vaguely like real businesses. In the near term this helps the main business enormously by masking the reduced demand for cars. In the fullness of time the subsidaries can dispose of their unwanted stock of "used" JLR cars and any P&L red ink can be blamed on market conditions and timing. If necessary, loss-making businesses can be quietly folded as insolvent. The web-sites would need to look like those of Carpe subscription rentals and Liquid car hire (InMotion Ventures is believed to be the holding company for both enterprises):

Carpe (needs Edge/Mozilla/Chrome etc on Windows)
Liquid Car Rental (We deliver and collect anywhere within central London!)
InMotion Ventures
Yes they don’t want you to buy new off carwow , they want you to buy stock from dealers .
They will be running down current stock as much as possible off this month so probably won’t use carwow for those?
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”