DPF Fault !!!!!

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
PhilMabbots17

Re: DPF Fault

Post by PhilMabbots17 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:39 pm

That 1950cc engine becomes available on the GLC next year. On the C-class (practically identical) it's mounted in line with the Turbo, DOC and SDPF on the right side beneath the engine cover. all tightly wrapped in metallic insulation. There's no evidence of a separate diesel injector. Thanks for the heads up, but if they do issue an emissions recall I'll decline and upgrade to one with the OM654 as soon as it's available. Servicing remains as before at 15K/12 months.
2017 (66) Mercedes GLC 220d 4Matic Sport
REJECTED 17MY DS HSE 2.0L 148HP Indus Silver Park Assist Electric Tow Bar

sparky1

Re: DPF Fault !!!!!

Post by sparky1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:45 pm

hi ,
can anyone help with any advise , my car is in JLR and they are telling me its my fault that the dpf is full and that its not under guarantee due to the type of journeys i do, they are asking for over £1700 to correct it I'm absolutely devastated and and can't believe it I've had the car 2 yrs and its done 13000 mls i have a maintenance policy with my lease company , but they are saying its between me and JLR,
i was never told prior to leasing that it had to be driven in such a particular way ,and don't fell I've done anything neglectful , i drive it the same way I've driven all my cars , sometimes short journeys sometimes long etc,

sparky1

Post by sparky1 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm

its a range rover evoque !

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:31 am

sparky1 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:45 pm
hi ,
can anyone help with any advise , my car is in JLR and they are telling me its my fault that the dpf is full and that its not under guarantee due to the type of journeys i do, they are asking for over £1700 to correct it I'm absolutely devastated and and can't believe it I've had the car 2 yrs and its done 13000 mls i have a maintenance policy with my lease company , but they are saying its between me and JLR,
i was never told prior to leasing that it had to be driven in such a particular way ,and don't fell I've done anything neglectful , i drive it the same way I've driven all my cars , sometimes short journeys sometimes long etc,
You could try rejecting it ?

There’s plenty info on the forum about the faulty DPFs with an FB marking , and also JLRP00100 which explains why the vehicle regenerates more than expected.
Also search for the misrepresentation Act where by when you were so,d the vehicle you were not told of this “specific driving style “ required or that your driving style would affect it.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

Pinkdawn

DPF - no prewarning

Post by Pinkdawn » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:59 pm

My DS is MY18 build and just a year old
Have had no issue with it till a few days ago, all of a sudden the car went into limp mode and the dash’s said DPF is full! Then my diesel gauge dropped from 50% to 30%
Called roadside assist and they towed the car
The service team in Australia has been soo busy they haven’t even looked at my car

Has this happen to anyone else
No pre warning to say the particulate is almost full and to drive for 20min at above 60km

I should add JLR contacted me a month ago for a ‘software’ update and I took my car in 3 weeks ago to have this done

Maybe there is a bug in the new software ?
DS HSE MY18 Corris grey, black roof, almond interior, 360 degree surround camera, 7 seater
Australia

Barnsh

Re: DPF - no prewarning

Post by Barnsh » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:45 pm

Pinkdawn wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:59 pm
Have had no issue with it till a few days ago, all of a sudden the car went into limp mode and the dash’s said DPF is full! Then my diesel gauge dropped from 50% to 30%
The service team in Australia has been soo busy they haven’t even looked at my car

No pre warning to say the particulate is almost full and to drive for 20min at above 60km

I should add JLR contacted me a month ago for a ‘software’ update and I took my car in 3 weeks ago to have this done

Hi
I have merged your thread to the DPF thread if you read upwards , you may find some helpful background info.
It has been seen before where the light goes almost straight to red, it is known by JLR that sometimes the only warning you get is 2.1 seconds.
My18 FPace, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone

Pinkdawn

Post by Pinkdawn » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:52 am

Barnsh wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:45 pm
Pinkdawn wrote:

Hi
I have merged your thread to the DPF thread if you read upwards , you may find some helpful background info.
It has been seen before where the light goes almost straight to red, it is known by JLR that sometimes the only warning you get is 2.1 seconds.
Thanks Barnsh
I have had a read of thread and I’m not liking the fate of my car :(
So in short JLR knows and just blames the drivers driving style
DS HSE MY18 Corris grey, black roof, almond interior, 360 degree surround camera, 7 seater
Australia

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:38 am

Pinkdawn wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:52 am
Barnsh wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:45 pm
Pinkdawn wrote:

Hi
Thanks Barnsh
I have had a read of thread and I’m not liking the fate of my car :(
So in short JLR knows and just blames the drivers driving style
Yes that’s exactly what they are doing m but it is incorrect , your handbook says you should get an orange light to warn you, you didn’t , therefor the car is defective , you had no opportunity to clear the DPF.

They can Interigate the system and show when the lights came on , if they do this ask them how long the orange light was displayed for. The reason for asking is sometimes you only get 2.1 seconds , JLR have admitted it is quite likely this can be missed by the driver as they are concentrating on driving and not looking at the dash constantly for a light.

Fight hard and stick to your guns.

Aslk then if this check has been carried out too
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7558&hilit=SSM+
MY17 HSE 180 gone

shouldvegotamerc

DPF - Rejected After 9 Months

Post by shouldvegotamerc » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:52 pm

2017 DS HSE Corris Grey

Pinkdawn

Post by Pinkdawn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:49 am

Barnsh

So when they call me tomorrow to tell me what they have found do I just ask ‘have you also carried out SSM73697‘

I had look at the thread but omg it’s so confusing I don’t even know what I’m reading :(
Australia

Return to “Faults & Technical”