Re: Heater/Air Con Fan not working.

Post by DiscoDriver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I don’t have full Topix access but I wonder if this is linked:

SSM74222 - Fan Motor Stalling - Parts Issues Concerning LTB00972
MY16 D180 Auto

LandRoverDisco

Post by LandRoverDisco » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Returning from holiday and found my fans were not working. Telephoned dealer to find out there was over a month wait they recommended that I call out the call out service engineer - which I did. He immediately knew the fault and lifted the bonnet and poked a long screwdriver in the air intake shaft. Seconds later the fans were working. He said the magnets stick after a period of inoperability. So far, so good.

DiscoDriver

Post by DiscoDriver » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 pm

This has been added to Topix:

LTB00972v9 - Front Blower Fan Stalling
MY16 D180 Auto

MrNicotra

Post by MrNicotra » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am

LandRoverDisco wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:22 pm
Returning from holiday and found my fans were not working. Telephoned dealer to find out there was over a month wait they recommended that I call out the call out service engineer - which I did. He immediately knew the fault and lifted the bonnet and poked a long screwdriver in the air intake shaft. Seconds later the fans were working. He said the magnets stick after a period of inoperability. So far, so good.
Hi - thanks for this. For those of us needing a bit more detail, but likewise not willing to wait 2 weeks for a 5 minute appointment to get it poked :), any chance you can perhaps explain what the component is and what exactly did he/you do? Ideally a picture but only if it isn't too much to ask.

I know there are more fundamental issues here to be fixed, in the meantime I am hoping for a quickfix until I can squeeze a LR dealership appointment in the diary.

Thank you!

Return to “Faults & Technical”