DiscoDriver

Re: Heater/Air Con Fan not working.

Post by DiscoDriver » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 pm

I don’t have full Topix access but I wonder if this is linked:

SSM74222 - Fan Motor Stalling - Parts Issues Concerning LTB00972

LandRoverDisco

Post by LandRoverDisco » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:22 pm

Returning from holiday and found my fans were not working. Telephoned dealer to find out there was over a month wait they recommended that I call out the call out service engineer - which I did. He immediately knew the fault and lifted the bonnet and poked a long screwdriver in the air intake shaft. Seconds later the fans were working. He said the magnets stick after a period of inoperability. So far, so good.

DiscoDriver

Post by DiscoDriver » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:24 pm

This has been added to Topix:

LTB00972v9 - Front Blower Fan Stalling

MrNicotra

Post by MrNicotra » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:04 am

LandRoverDisco wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:22 pm
Returning from holiday and found my fans were not working. Telephoned dealer to find out there was over a month wait they recommended that I call out the call out service engineer - which I did. He immediately knew the fault and lifted the bonnet and poked a long screwdriver in the air intake shaft. Seconds later the fans were working. He said the magnets stick after a period of inoperability. So far, so good.
Hi - thanks for this. For those of us needing a bit more detail, but likewise not willing to wait 2 weeks for a 5 minute appointment to get it poked :), any chance you can perhaps explain what the component is and what exactly did he/you do? Ideally a picture but only if it isn't too much to ask.

I know there are more fundamental issues here to be fixed, in the meantime I am hoping for a quickfix until I can squeeze a LR dealership appointment in the diary.

Thank you!

Pict

Post by Pict » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:10 pm

I have tried to keep my head down as did not wish to tempt fate by saying how trouble free my MY16 has been but this issue has now occured

The dash display shows changes made to the heating system but there is no fan action and I am not convinced the front and rear screen are working either.

As this is the 1st cold snap since it was parked up for a week recently I had no cause to use any demisting etc so I hope this is caused by the the faults mentioned in this thread.

Before I call LR Assist can anyone advise which fuses I could check just to eliminate the obvious.

Thanks

Rick
MY16 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 (180hp) SE Tech, Fuji White with Ebony Part-Leather interior

Zedman

Post by Zedman » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:51 am

Just had the same problem with my DS as it has been standing for 2 weeks whilst been abroad. Amazing what you can do with a bamboo cane and this forum!
Thanks for the instructions on getting the fan turning again!
MY17 HSE Black Auto in Fuji White. Ordered 24th April 2017. Build date 9th June 2017. Del 1st August.

The garage: 2013 Nissan 370Z Nismo, 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900GT, 2001 Suzuki GSX750.

Pict

Post by Pict » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:30 pm

Well LR Assist did not attend 😡

I called them via the roof button at 16:15 and was informed that as they were so busy there would be a delay. ETA 19:30 but as I was safe at home I accepted, text message received confirming call and times. The alternative offered was a LR technician between 07:00 and 09:00

Next update text gave ETA of 20:30, still bearable but only just, I get up for work at 02:45, so bed at 21:00.

Next update at 20:15 states ETA now 21:30. Weston's Garage (never heard of them) have been delayed dealing with higher priority call. I immediately call LR Assist and explain that after 9pm is no use, operator makes a call and tells me AA now will be in their way to arrive at 21:30 at latest.

Last update received 21:20 shows ETA as 22:35 at which point I explain to LRA how disgusted I am with them and cancel the call. A quick poke with a stick and it works again.

I wanted LRA to attend and rectify the problem as I wanted a record made of the fault for future reference if necessary but I just could not wait any longer.

BTW as soon as I cancelled the call I lost the message record of all the different calls and times, wish I had screenshot it earlier.
MY16 Discovery Sport 2.0 TD4 (180hp) SE Tech, Fuji White with Ebony Part-Leather interior

Engman1

Post by Engman1 » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:20 pm

Just had the same issue, 2 weeks holiday - no fan on return.

Having read the post I removed the battery cover and used a stick to gently push the fan round. It was stuck and freed off in 1/4 of as turn.
To me it feels like the grease in the bearings has gone hard.

Thanks to all that posted above it saved me a fortune

flycop2000

Post by flycop2000 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:02 pm

My heater fan has just stopped working this afternoon, car only been sitting idle for two days!

Phil135

Post by Phil135 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:53 pm

I had exactly the same problem last week. I had not used the car for two days and the blower stopped working.

I checked the fuse, which was okay.

After driving the car for about an hour, it just started working again after a restart.

So not sure if a software issue or a sticky motor.
17MY SE Tech Corris Grey - Dec 2016 - 18" Grey Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Xenon & LED lights,
Privacy Glass, Rear Camera, Dipping Rear View Mirror, Part Leather Electric Seats.