InControl Remote not updating journeys - 'B-Call Run'

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
HmmmUK

Re: InControl Remote not updating journeys - 'B-Call Run'

Post by HmmmUK » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:31 pm

To be fair LR are saying I need to take it to a dealer - see previous notes.
Yes, as per profile, I'm in the UK.

I'll probably wait to the next service is due.
Just posted in case someone had some B-Call tips...
Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:39 am

tangey wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:40 pm
Anybody, apple included, still using the same major release number for 17 years (10.) needs their head looked at.
Microsoft do it too. Windows 10.0.9926 released Jan 2015. Windows 10.0.18362.657 released Feb 2020.
2016 D180 Auto

HmmmUK

Post by HmmmUK » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:56 pm

HmmmUK wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:31 pm
To be fair LR are saying I need to take it to a dealer - see previous notes.
Yes, as per profile, I'm in the UK.

I'll probably wait to the next service is due.
Just posted in case someone had some B-Call tips...
Here's an update on my InControl wows...

I just about given up on my InControl account - especially with the Covid situation coming along while I was dealing with this. My plan was to ask if the dealer can look at it under warranty when the next service is due in July and if not just abandon it and not renew.

BUT a week or so ago I was on my phone and happened to launch the Remote app and it only WORKED! :D
Located my Evoque straight away and all looked good. I logged into the web portal and this has also woken up.
It's been working fine since then - after parking on my drive and getting to my PC the journey is already logged etc.

I have a nearly 3 month journey gap between 29th Jan and 21st April.

So much for LR telling me I would need a new TCU module and £££s on updates etc.!
It's either 'self-healed' or someone a LR took their foot off the pipe :roll:

I'm going to try asking for an extension on my subscription, but don't hold out much hope as LRCE are quite hard work to talk to.
If anyone else has had a similar experience I would like to know. I'm wondering if my problem was only for early InControl vehicles else it would have affected more people, or just an account issue for me.
Long time Land Rover owner thinking about a new one! ...Bought a MY15 Evoque 2.2L in Nov 17.
80", 90", Range Rover Classic, Freelander, Discovery

AdeRobbiePal

Post by AdeRobbiePal » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:47 pm

I downloaded the Remote app last week and also signed up on the web portal with an approved used vehicle that is supposed to have a complimentary subscription. It worked fine for 1 day, but now will not update anything.
Also, no idea where the location maps are, or remote tyre pressures etc are supposed to show. Don't think I'll be bothering much with it at this rate.. :lol:
2017 DS 2.0L TD4 HSE AUTO, Aintree Green / Almond leather interior.

tseug

Post by tseug » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:15 am

AdeRobbiePal wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:47 pm
Also, no idea where the location maps are, or remote tyre pressures etc are supposed to show. Don't think I'll be bothering much with it at this rate.. :lol:
Following based on my use of droid and I have no idea what the green fruit version screenscape is like:

Location maps are under the 'Journeys' tab (actually a 'tab' on the new software but the original software you had to scroll to the screen)
Do tyre pressures show for a 2017 vehicle? Certainly don't on either version for me. There are items that will show but only when there is an issue...low tyre pressure could be one.
MY2018, D240, HSE Dynamic, Indus Silver, ICTP S20B1_20.30.2-, Map -.0112.0153

AdeRobbiePal

Post by AdeRobbiePal » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:26 pm

Thanks, have found the maps now. Weirdly everything for the past week has updated this evening. I was cleaning the car earlier with phone in pocket. Am I missing some basic requirement that the phone app & car need to be in close proximity, or is this just a coincidence? :)

tseug

Post by tseug » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:59 pm

They don't need to be in proximity.
Unlocking/locking or switching on/off the ignition seem to trigger the status on the server. No real use for the software so I've not tried to examine which events force a state change.
You can try to manually update by swiping down the screen...sometimes it seems to work and othertimes not (this will also be affected by whether there has been a specific trigger to the server since the last update possibly). There seem to be regular problems with the servers and less than useful error messages within the application.
MY2018, D240, HSE Dynamic, Indus Silver, ICTP S20B1_20.30.2-, Map -.0112.0153

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:53 am

In the last 2 years I have only had 1 issue with inControl not updating and that was a server issue. This was resolved and the missing journeys updated. So I am able to download every journey ever done since my account was activated.

It will also do live updates (eg I have watched my car being driven to its service). The status will show “Driving” and map location will update, as will fuel and mileage.

I find the app very useful to check fuel, journey history, lock status (windows open or closed), miles to next service (v useful for MY15 or 16 that doesn’t show it). Newer cars will also show DEF range etc.

The issue you are experiencing could be a lack of mobile reception as the car has a SIM in it. If it has low reception it won’t be able to connect to the remote servers.

It could also be your app. There are 2 versions of the app and they get the info from a different server.
Land Rover Remote v2.3.3
Or
InControl Remote v1.81

Due to an encryption certificate update, the apps needed to be updated recently otherwise they wouldn’t be able to connect to the server. So maybe your phone updated the app.

You can also check via the web https://incontrol.landrover.com/
2016 D180 Auto

AdeRobbiePal

Post by AdeRobbiePal » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:00 pm

Thanks both for the useful info. I will persevere with the app and see how it works out over the next few weeks.

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:14 am

One other thing, check that your Protect/Remote subscriptions are live. To do this in v2.3.3, tap 'more' and then subscriptions.

In v1.81, swipe across to 'Settings' then tap subscriptions. Expiry dates are shown next to available subscriptions. If they are out of date, then a roasting of the dealer is in order.