Question about remote climate after heater fan replacement

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Moggy

Question about remote climate after heater fan replacement

Post by Moggy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm

A few days after having the heater fan replaced, I noticed that the remote heated climate wasn’t working, the car started with the remote app but didn’t get warm. The auto control light wasn’t illuminated either. The climate/ heating works when I select them in the car, and illuminate.
My questions are, has anyone else got this problem after having a fan replaced, and whether you have had a new fan or not, does the auto light illuminate when you start the remote climate.
Many thanks for any help you may be able to provide
Discovery Sport D180 HSE LUX 2017 KAIKOURA STONE

elkrider

Re: Question about remote climate after heater fan replacement

Post by elkrider » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:43 pm

There is no short answer. If the light in the car does not come on, what about the feedback light in the remote?
If the battery is low or the fuel is low the car might decide not to start heating. There will be no information for you, unlike a Volvo would do.
Unfortunately the remote will still tell you it's on.

But there are other software-problems too.
If you park the car in mild weather at noon it might not heat the next morning even when freezing. Or the other way round. If you park at cold temperatures and decide you want some fresh air at noon, because it got warm, you might find the car started heating the already warm interior.
I found the software uses the measured temperature when the car was switched off instead of the actual measurement. Proof is, when you wake the car by unlocking and relocking prior starting the remote climate it works as it should.
Unfortunately JLR is not interested to correct that.

Hope this helps.
MY 2016 16.5 150 SE auto, 5 seater, 8 way electrical seats, lifted the drivers seat to have a better view over the bonnet

Moggy

Post by Moggy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:54 pm

Thanks for the reply, car remote was working ok before and the weather is cold enough here at the moment. Lights/message on the app says engine running climate running, except no heat.

elkrider

Post by elkrider » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:49 pm

Sorry, I got it wrong. I assumed you use the extra heating with remote. Now I understand you use the App to remotely start the engine to get the car warmed up. This is not allowed in our country, so I do not know how that works.
MY 2016 16.5 150 SE auto, 5 seater, 8 way electrical seats, lifted the drivers seat to have a better view over the bonnet

Moggy

Post by Moggy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:00 pm

Thanks for trying to help, I'm sure someone will be along with other answers shortly, in the meantime I'm doing as much research as I can as I suspect its probably a software fault.