Auto wipers fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Malkie

Auto wipers fault

Post by Malkie » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 pm

When in auto mode my front wipers seem to be wiping too often. Sensitivity setting has no observable effect. They do stop if no rain, so sensor must be working? Anyone got a fault finding chart or circuit diagram or any ideas!

nmjeria

Re: Auto wipers fault

Post by nmjeria » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:56 pm

I also seem to have an issue with the right wiper blade which leaves a smudge in the middle of the windscreen especially when it rains a bit. I have attempted to replace them both with new wiper blades but still have this issue. Maybe others have experienced this and can lend some ideas.
---------------------------------------------------------
My17 Indus Silver HSE Lux 19" Wheels

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:27 pm

Malkie wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 pm
Anyone got a fault finding chart or circuit diagram or any ideas!
It doesn't quite work like that anymore I'm afraid. Book it in for diagnostics, it can either only be a faulty twist-switch on the wiper stalk or a corrupted piece of software within the BCM. Nothing that a hard CAN reset won't cure.

RPR

Post by RPR » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:34 pm

nmjeria wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:56 pm
I also seem to have an issue with the right wiper blade which leaves a smudge in the middle of the windscreen especially when it rains a bit. I have attempted to replace them both with new wiper blades but still have this issue. Maybe others have experienced this and can lend some ideas.
I get that if I use the screen wash after it does the final sweep
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

BobbyBox

Post by BobbyBox » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:26 pm

SarahStreet wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:27 pm
Malkie wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:14 pm
Anyone got a fault finding chart or circuit diagram or any ideas!
It doesn't quite work like that anymore I'm afraid. Book it in for diagnostics, it can either only be a faulty twist-switch on the wiper stalk or a corrupted piece of software within the BCM. Nothing that a hard CAN reset won't cure.
disconnect the battery for a bit? or do I need the diagnostic kit to do that?

Thanks

BB
Discovery Sport 2.0 HSE TD4 (180) MY16, Auto, Loire Blue, Almond Interior, Adaptive Xenons, Roof Rails, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps, Privacy Glass, Memory Pack, Travall Dog Guard, Removable Tow Bar, Qi Wireless Charging Mat. Built Oct 2015.

Canuk

Post by Canuk » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:38 am

I have had that problem in the past with the Disco and other cars, I have always found that a good cleaning around the sensor clears up the problem. Using car washes and hand washing as well, will leave a film on the windshield , or as you may say the windscreen. I have screens on my house to keep out bugs :lol:
Blue Disco 2016
2 litre turbo petrol
5 seater