Service update email - Incontrol Pro?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
Bluebottle

Service update email - Incontrol Pro?

Post by Bluebottle » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi All,
I’ve just received an update via email basically saying I may be eligible for an updated Incontrol system, please see below:

Your vehicle could be due an upgrade to the interface system.

The InControl Touch Pro adds a new feature to your touchscreen interface which enable you to have Apple CarPlay®, Android Auto™ and Software-Over-The-Air (SOTA).

This is a complimentary upgrade and is available on selected 16-18 Model Year vehicles. Contact Farnell Land Rover Bolton to find out if your vehicle qualifies.

When I click the link “Am I Eligable” this is what I am confronted with:-

https://www.farnelllandrover.com/land-rover-touchscreen-upgrade/

I expect this to be the new software update to the Incontrol Pro system and nothing more than that, which if so is as expected and isn’t suitable for my car having the ICT system 8” version.

However after reading this several times I have begun to think this is a System upgrade and an interface upgrade? Read it yourselves and let me know what you think. It’s not clear and gives false hope of a system upgrade (ICT to ICTP). I realise there are no miracles here but getting my hopes up lol

Quote: If your vehicle is eligible, you’re entitled to the latest InControl Touch Pro system and our new Touchscreen interface

Cheers

Blue

Bluebottle

Re: Service update email - Incontrol Pro?

Post by Bluebottle » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:36 pm

https://www.farnelllandrover.com/news/over-the-air-updates-standard-for-all-models-across-land-rover/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn

ALL Models!

popsky

Post by popsky » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:22 pm

Looks like it’s just for Pro version

E508C644-FE46-4BC6-92C2-5CA42CF5E70F.png

MY17 2.0 ingenium 180 9 speed HSE Luxury Diesel

Phil

Oberautobahnjäger………… :mrgreen:

Bluebottle

Post by Bluebottle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi,
I contacted Farnell today and they said my car was eligible for an update. I stated I had the 8” ICT model and asked if this update applies to me, they said yes and booked me in. I asked again about what the update was and he said it was a software update so fingers crossed it adds some more functionality on the 8” version.

Blue

pcheaven

Post by pcheaven » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:26 pm

Interesting

Previously the JLr position for CarPlay etc upgrade was that the vehicle must have the pro system AND the HDMI port in the arm rest. Otherwise the hardware required for CarPlay etc was not present.
Orange DS HSE +toys
Gone : 2019 I Pace first edition
Gone : Velar D300 r dynamic HSE plus toys
Gone : D5 HSE Lux + a few toys
Gone : MY17 DS HSE Dynamic Lux with all the toys
Gone : Orange MY15 HSE

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 pm

Wouldn’t trust a dealer to know their area from theIt elbow over something like this.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Bluebottle

Post by Bluebottle » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:36 pm

I still don’t believe it until it’s done however what I must say is they need to do something, they have depreciated the Incontrol Apps offering with many apps no longer supported. I was about to complain to JLR but maybe, just maybe they have realised it’s not on, I’m no longer getting the original service and system I was offered when I purchased the car. I purchased the car knowing it has Spotify, now I don’t have that ability in the car without manually setting it before I drive on my phone.

Fingers crossed

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:26 am

Dashnine wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:30 pm
Wouldn’t trust a dealer to know their area from theIt elbow over something like this.
How polite of autocorrect.... *arse.

I would imagine they’ve checked the VIN range to which the update is applicable. Whilst overlooking you need Touch Pro of one sort or another.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

SarahStreet

Post by SarahStreet » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:48 pm

https://media.jaguarlandrover.com/news/2019/11/jaguar-land-rover-pushes-tech-boundaries-software-over-air-now-standard-every-new

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”