Got my first Discovery sport

New to the Discovery Sport Forums? Introduce yourself here
Scubapower1

Re: Got my first Discovery sport

Post by Scubapower1 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Thanks guys , I have the 2 litre TD4 , got a few things for the dealer to have a look at already , it’s going in on Sunday for a couple of days , idle rattle at the front of exhaust and a hand brake warning keeps coming up , seem to work fine , but something is throwing the fault up , couple of other smaller issues , hopefully get them sorted out , anyone change there oil every year no matter the mileage ? , thanks again everyone .

Gary s

Post by Gary s » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:07 am

Hi, Will be changing my oil in the next week or so, just competed nearly 11k, no oil service notifications etc and running like a dream but feel 10-11k is enough for any oil

Scubapower1

Post by Scubapower1 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Looks like my disco sport is heading back to the garage for good , it falls into the bracket of oil dilution and balance shaft problems , does anyone now the dates for the problem , I thought it was the 2.0 litre engine 2016,17 and early 18 for balance shafts and the oil dilution , I see the 2.0 litre engine goes back to 2015 as well , are they included , are all 2.0 litre engines included , any info will be great , still reading all the posts on the subject .cheers guys

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Scubapower1 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 pm
Looks like my disco sport is heading back to the garage for good , it falls into the bracket of oil dilution and balance shaft problems , does anyone now the dates for the problem , I thought it was the 2.0 litre engine 2016,17 and early 18 for balance shafts and the oil dilution , I see the 2.0 litre engine goes back to 2015 as well , are they included , are all 2.0 litre engines included , any info will be great , still reading all the posts on the subject .cheers guys
All 2.0 diesels (except D240 which has a different exhaust arrangement) are liable to be affected by oil dilution and balance shaft issues (possibly related). Petrols OK so far (for balance shaft only obvs).
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

bilo999

Post by bilo999 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:42 pm

Sorry to hear that - what will happen as a replacement as it sounds like you are rejecting the DS. ?
I’m quite sure that when they replace the balancer shafts the ones that don’t fail are from Fiat. As I said the DS is not going to be as reliable as an Alfa.
Hope you stay with the DS one way or another
DS MY18 2.0 HSE Dynamic 290 - Byron Blue, Side Steps, Entertainment, Adaptive Cruise, LKA, Electric Towbar, Wade Sensing, Magna Ride and every other option!
Gone - DS MY15 2.2 HSE Lux Auto, Adaptive Lighting, Spare Wheel, 20 Black Pack, Side Steps

Scubapower1

Post by Scubapower1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:19 pm

Problem is , the car is fine at the moment , but the vin number falls into the bracket for the engine to have the balance shaft and oil dilution issue , so i could be driving a ticking time bomb , i now a guy at a main dealer and it could be a 4-5K repair or a new engine in the future , dont have that money after buying the the car in the first place .
The Dealer i have a friend at says the balance shaft problem has been fixed on the engines affected , but 15,16 and 17 have the problem , he says its a matter of time rather than if it happens , his work shop is doing 5 sets of balance shafts and 15 DPF filters a week at the moment , some of the range rovers are affected as well , so its disco sports , evoques , Range Rovers and some of the Jag range as well , i joined the LR UK wed page as well they have landrover docs that states the problem Vehicles .

Scubapower1

Post by Scubapower1 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Heres the doc from LR
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7555

Return to “Introductions”