CarPlay aftermarket - anyone tried this?

Audio, Navigation, Electronic Faults and Fixes
SailorDoc

Re: CarPlay aftermarket - anyone tried this?

Post by SailorDoc » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:59 pm

I’ve just ordered the Unique-Ad unit. Fingers crossed the install goes OK!
MY18 DS SE Tech 180HP Automatic Santorini Black

Karper

Post by Karper » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:24 am

Nice, let us know how it goes. Due to the situation in China mine from aliexpress is still waiting to be sent.

I've found another place selling it for cheaper, https://www.etradesupply.com/wireless-apple-carplay-for-land-rover-jaguar-discovery-sport-f-pace-discovery-5-android-auto-mirror-wifi-ios13-car-play.html I've never heard of the website before so couldn't vouch for it or the product.

SailorDoc

Post by SailorDoc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:28 am

Well, the unit has arrived, but doesn’t look as though this weekend will be the one to do the install due to lots of rain and wind from storm Dennis :cry: If anyone has any ‘things to watch out for’ from their own installs please post here!

davep1628

Post by davep1628 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:08 am

SailorDoc wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:28 am
Well, the unit has arrived, but doesn’t look as though this weekend will be the one to do the install due to lots of rain and wind from storm Dennis :cry: If anyone has any ‘things to watch out for’ from their own installs please post here!
When you remove the dash panel above the glovebox, be aware that it's not all clips that hold it on, there is a screw near the centre console end. I approached this with brute force and ignorance and managed to break the lug that the screw goes through :( Luckily, I was able to fix it with some strong glue and it is holding OK.

Dave
2016 Discovery Sport HSE Luxury, Farallon Black, Ivory Interior

SailorDoc

Post by SailorDoc » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:45 pm

davep1628 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:08 am

When you remove the dash panel above the glovebox, be aware that it's not all clips that hold it on, there is a screw near the centre console end. I approached this with brute force and ignorance and managed to break the lug that the screw goes through :( Luckily, I was able to fix it with some strong glue and it is holding OK.

Dave
Thanks, I’ll watch out for that. I got the Topix guide to the trim removal downloaded. Just need a weekend free to do it with decent weather now :D

Return to “Electronics and In Car Entertainment”