Distance to next service on basic SE model (2016)

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
JohnnyOxford

Distance to next service on basic SE model (2016)

Post by JohnnyOxford » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi all, I have no indication on the vehicle of range to next service, should I have?

I can see diesel fluid range but nothing else.

I have also read some people have this on an app but I don't think I have access to any app with the SE model?

Can anyone help? Sorry still getting used to the new vehicle.

Many thanks.

Johnny.

Dashnine

Re: Distance to next service on basic SE model (2016)

Post by Dashnine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:23 pm

Not sure a 2016 can show the service info, but all DS can use the InControl app so its worthwhile for the other stuff. Search in app store (or wherever for 'droid) for Land Rover Remote, there are two - green background is the current app (no service data), the white background is the beta and has the service info.

You need to hook your car up to it while in the car, Google or check the LR site for instructions. If it's a used car the old owner may not have unregistered the car, in which case back to dealer.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

JohnnyOxford

Post by JohnnyOxford » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Dashnine wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:23 pm
Not sure a 2016 can show the service info, but all DS can use the InControl app so its worthwhile for the other stuff. Search in app store (or wherever for 'droid) for Land Rover Remote, there are two - green background is the current app (no service data), the white background is the beta and has the service info.

You need to hook your car up to it while in the car, Google or check the LR site for instructions. If it's a used car the old owner may not have unregistered the car, in which case back to dealer.
thanks, I called up Land Rover they said you have to pay £30 per year to use the APP, is that correct? And all it would give me is SOS button, Mileage recording and Fuel level on my phone (all pretty useless).

Is this correct?

BobbyBox

Post by BobbyBox » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:50 pm

JohnnyOxford wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm
Dashnine wrote:

thanks, I called up Land Rover they said you have to pay £30 per year to use the APP, is that correct? And all it would give me is SOS button, Mileage recording and Fuel level on my phone (all pretty useless).

Is this correct?
Yes. It’s £30 a year for in control remote.

Also, the 2016 model does not show miles to next service anywhere in the menu system. In fact if it hasn’t has a software update the vehicle will not indicate service at all. When it’s been updated you will be shown a message when a service is due. It is only shown briefly at start up and no icon or other indicator is shown. There is still no additional menu item as with later models. You will only get this additional info if you have the newer instrument cluster (identified by “flat” dials without illuminated clear plastic segments).

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.

BB
Discovery Sport 2.0 HSE TD4 (180) MY16, Auto, Loire Blue, Almond Interior, Adaptive Xenons, Roof Rails, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps, Privacy Glass, Memory Pack, Travall Dog Guard, Removable Tow Bar, Qi Wireless Charging Mat. Built Oct 2015.

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:25 pm

JohnnyOxford wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:41 pm
Dashnine wrote:

Is this correct?
Yes, sorry I forgot you may be out of the original 3 year InControl subscription. It does a bit more than you suggest (e.g. it’s not just mileage recording, it tracks the vehicle journeys), vehicle status, etc. As I said the beta app may show you miles to service. Overall I guess it depends if £30 is a deal breaker I guess.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Burnerg81

Post by Burnerg81 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:22 am

Does anyone have a link to download the beta app for Android? I can only see white background versions of the iOS app. Thanks.

Return to “Faults & Technical”