Got a Disco5 as a loaner and I almost! want one.

All Discovery Sport related discussions
moodygaz

Got a Disco5 as a loaner and I almost! want one.

Post by moodygaz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:02 pm

While mines in for a vibration behind the glovebox at certain revs, and Bluetooth not connecting intermittently I have a Disco 5 to play with for the weekend, God I’d forgotten how good air suspension is! And it’s doing around 36 mpg which is better than my D240.
Now the things I want in my disco sport are:-
1. 3l V6 engine (never mind transverse architecture bollocks, just shoehorn it in!)
2. Air suspension (the ride is awful on my 21” wheels, the disco5 floats along on 22s)
3. The disco 5 seats ( they are loads comfier than the sports)

With those small changes the disco sport would be better than all the competition by a country mile IMHO.

While I’m having a mild rant, the disco 5 has reverse traffic detection without the 360 cameras, it seems to work off the parking sensors. How come that’s not available on the sport, it’s very useful I find.
MY18 Dynamic Luxury in Shiny Black

wardie

Re: Got a Disco5 as a loaner and I almost! want one.

Post by wardie » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:28 am

moodygaz wrote:While mines in for a vibration behind the glovebox at certain revs, and Bluetooth not connecting intermittently I have a Disco 5 to play with for the weekend, God I’d forgotten how good air suspension is! And it’s doing around 36 mpg which is better than my D240.
Now the things I want in my disco sport are:-
1. 3l V6 engine (never mind transverse architecture bollocks, just shoehorn it in!)
2. Air suspension (the ride is awful on my 21” wheels, the disco5 floats along on 22s)
3. The disco 5 seats ( they are loads comfier than the sports)

With those small changes the disco sport would be better than all the competition by a country mile IMHO.

While I’m having a mild rant, the disco 5 has reverse traffic detection without the 360 cameras, it seems to work off the parking sensors. How come that’s not available on the sport, it’s very useful I find.
Although not exactly what you mean I traded in my DS for an Audi Q7 which has a 3l V6 diesel and air suspension. Both are stunning pieces of kit and make a huge difference to the car’s performance. Highly recommended. I’m sure D5 likewise - but I could not live with that tailgate asymmetry!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Gone: MY16 2.0 TD4 180 HSE Auto, Corris grey, ebony leather, 19" style 902, detachable tow bar, silver roof rails, memory seats, InControl plus & secure, traffic sign recognition, HomeLink, USBs passenger shelf & 2nd row, service plan

moodygaz

Post by moodygaz » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:44 am

Haha
I know what you mean, sometimes I think the designers must be blind to simple aesthetics!
My last car was a grand cherokee summit which had all those also and looks great, but a bit too big for my needs now and only 28 mpg on average.
MY18 Dynamic Luxury in Shiny Black

RPR

Post by RPR » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:40 am

I had a brand new Disco5 HSE as a courtesy car week before last and got to say it was lovely to drive and very comfy but too big for my needs.
MY18 Indus Silver HSE Black Edition 2.0 TD4 180 ICTP 825w Meridian Audio, Hi Res audio

GSKM

Post by GSKM » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:14 pm

I used a Disco 5 for my off road half day. That thing made everything so easy. I would have one, but it’s a beast of a car for every day use with only 3 people in the family, far more of a car than I’d ever need. But then so is a Defender 110, which is my current wish next car.
2018 MY DS HSE, manual 180, Firenze Red.
2015 MY Freelander 2 SE Tech. Very good.
2006 Audi A4 Cabriolet. Very unreliable.
1983 110 hardtop 2286. Wish I still had it.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”