Rav4

The place to discuss everything else..
ron

Re: Rav4 - where it can't match the DS

Post by ron » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 am

roadster wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:30 am
I said I would report about my RAV4 in a balanced way so here is an area where it can't match the DS and doesn't really come close. One of the pleasant surprises you get with the DS is that the "Sport" bit is actually much better than could be expected of an SUV. The RAV4 doesn't have any pretentions in this area and, although it has the power, when you try to press on and use all of that 222 HP the handling and ride quality deteriorates pretty quickly. It squirms about both under acceleration and under heavy braking and lets you know you really shouldn't be trying that hard. The DS retains its composure and its ride comfort much better when pushed a little harder, and never feels in any kind of difficulty when using full throttle or cornering briskly. Some of this difference is because the RAV4 doesn't transition to four wheel drive quickly enough to give the same "cornering on rails" characteristic but its also because the quality of the suspension doesn't have the same suppleness and damping control. The DS owner can enjoy a luxurious ride under any circumstances but perhaps the RAV4 has to be driven more carefully within its limitations. Having said all that I expect that nine out of ten owners have no intention of driving in anything other than gentle fashion and for them its possible that only at motorway speeds would the DS have the big advantage.
that confirms what i read recently about the moose test done in Sweden.
The report is worth reading.

ntc

Re: Rav4

Post by ntc » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:43 pm

Well just announced top selling car in the USA beating all saloons pickups etc :D says it all.
MY 2016.7 Hse Lux 180
Gone should have built it better shame nice car cheap parts fitted from new, expensive dealers :roll:
New Rav4 AWD Dynamic LOVE IT :D

Clubman

Post by Clubman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 pm

Does not really say it all, as most owners/drivers are women, not to put them down, but they have less interest in the dynamics of a vehicle

ntc

Post by ntc » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:26 pm

Incorrect get your facts right,there weather makes ours look soft.
MY 2016.7 Hse Lux 180
Gone should have built it better shame nice car cheap parts fitted from new, expensive dealers :roll:
New Rav4 AWD Dynamic LOVE IT :D

Clubman

Post by Clubman » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:09 pm

You people in the UK have a climate, I live here in NorthAmerica and we just have weather, but what does the climate have to do with the gender of owners

Cookie [bot]

Post by Cookie [bot] » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:05 am

Clubman wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:26 pm
Does not really say it all, as most owners/drivers are women(1), not to put them down, but they have less interest(2) in the dynamics of a vehicle
1 Citation needed.
2 Citation needed.

When you said, "not to put them down" that is, in effect, what you just did by these two generalisations, one carrying distinctly misogynistic overtones. I am fascinated to know where the studies were performed.

DS Driver & Mum

Clubman

Post by Clubman » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:32 am

One place to look is thetruthaboutcars.com. Article Toyota want more Dudes buying the RAV4

Trojan

Post by Trojan » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:58 am

45% all-American beef-cakes vs 55% chics in good 'ol Trumponian America? I'd say that's a fantastic achievement by Toyota - and that was in 2017 with the appallingly-shaped Mark 4. Judging by the amount of lippy I see being touched up in commuter queues the percentage of female Evoque drivers is quite a bit higher than 55%. :lol:
2017 HSE 180 Corris Grey

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”