Restricted performance

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Celticrsmith

Restricted performance

Post by Celticrsmith » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 pm

Today my disco went for an mot and a service. Passed ok, just a few advisories such as the front tyre tread and front discs/pads which will need replaced soon but I already knew that.

Upon coming away from the garage, I got the red triangle warning and restricted performance text. So I turned back to the garage. They plugged it in and it was some sort of air mass sensor. They had a look and couldn’t see any leaks etc. After fiddling about with it on the ramps they basically unplugged a load of plugs then re plugged them in..... fixed.

Got it home, went out to swimming with daughter and it came on again 😡
After swimming, it never appeared so seemed to have cleared. Until went to get the Friday night takeaway....ping! Back on.

So a) what’s causing this?
B) why is it tempremental?
C) should the garage take responsibility as it was fine before they did mot/service?

Thanks

1EA2FFCE-9B85-49CF-A05B-B996F9BD56B4.jpeg

VeryDiscoSport

Re: Restricted performance

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:02 am

At least two owners of the 2.2 Ford have found that this was caused by a split hose:

https://www.freel2.com/forum/topic25375.html

https://forums.lr4x4.com/topic/103977-t ... limp-mode/
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Rejected as "not of satisfactory quality", "not as described", Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Celticrsmith

Post by Celticrsmith » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am

Hmm, they looked it all over and couldn’t find any leaks/splits in the hoses. Do you think it’s likely theyve done something whilst servicing it as it’s oddly convienent

Bomber209

Post by Bomber209 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:21 am

Hi, if they changed the Air Filter they might have nudged it and upset it.
Ex: Srs 2A & 3, RR Classic & Vogue, Defender 90, Disco 300Tdi, FreeLander 1.
Now: Disco Sport SE Tech. Auto :D :D

Dashnine

Post by Dashnine » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:46 am

Can they not read the error codes with a standard OBD reader?
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

VeryDiscoSport

Post by VeryDiscoSport » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:57 am

Celticrsmith wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:07 am
Hmm, they looked it all over and couldn’t find any leaks/splits in the hoses. Do you think it’s likely theyve done something whilst servicing it as it’s oddly convienent
Not necessarily. But I do know that longitudinal splits in re-enforced air hoses which are not under pressure are notoriously difficult to locate unless you give them a good pull, twist or squeeze all along their length in order to reveal any break. That's what the other LR owners found at least. I had a similar problem recently with an aircon hose - there was nothing to see at all until we added some dye and pumped a bit of gas in.

It took AjM three weeks to find the leak on his FL:
It was a split boost hose that was completely invisible. It was noticed when they took it on a test with the laptop and they could see the boost pressure drop just before the limp mode kicked in. �88 for the pipe, I think it was made from the intestine of a unicorn!
17MY DS150PS 6 speed manual. Rejected as "not of satisfactory quality", "not as described", Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”