LR Warranty

All Discovery Sport related discussions
chrisjheaton

LR Warranty

Post by chrisjheaton » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:07 pm

Wow, 3 years almost up. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?

LR have just sent me a reminder for their extended warranty.
£670 :shock:

Are there any viable alternatives out there? Thoughts please.
MY17 SE Tech 180 Auto
Firenze Red
Panoramic roof, privacy glass
InControl Protect
Stratstones Newcastle.

Bomber209

Re: LR Warranty

Post by Bomber209 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Chris hi, I know the feeling. Mine's due tomorrow, LR want £720/yr, to incl Breakdown cover. Just taken out a 3 year deal with Motor Easy £1300. Have to chase round for Breakdown cover though. They use JLR dealer as a repairer. Mostly Brand New parts, though Engine/Gearbox could be replaced with Overhauled units.
Ex: Srs 2A & 3, RR Classic & Vogue, Defender 90, Disco 300Tdi, FreeLander 1.
Now: Disco Sport SE Tech. Auto :D :D

Chris Goddard

Post by Chris Goddard » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Hi Chris, I have just taken out cover with Warranty Direct at cost of £272.40 (or 27.24 for 10 monthly payments. This is with all of the available options including DPF. Obviously no Land Rover Assist. Well worth getting an online quote. Regards

Chris Goddard

DiscoSportDave

Post by DiscoSportDave » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:49 pm

Any warranty, and i'd suggest checking the LR one too, will have limits for claims, both number and value - bear in mind a engine or gearbox replacement, using LR dealership labour rates won;t come cheap - you'll probably need to look for a policy with at least £5k cover, probably nearer £10k by the time you factor in 20 hours labour etc.

Compare against LR to see what you are/aren't getting before saving a few hundred pounds - for instance if you want the full breakdown, europe wide, repatriation type breakdown you'll probably need to spend well over £100pa with a recovery service, i'd imagine closer to £200 with AA/RAC
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

Past master

Post by Past master » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:30 pm

For me the deal maker was the Land Rover Assist package. I've called them a few times - knowledgeable mechanics and near-instant service. Call a Dealer and they may be able to fit you in next month - or the month after if you need a courtesy car.
Plus I'm working on the basis that if I take the LR package I may never need it (like carrying an umbrella to make sure it doesn't rain.
MY16 SETech 180 diesel Santorini Black

Globalste

Post by Globalste » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:31 pm

I called up the AA to try and match the LR deal, they got close but not close enough for me to just renew with Landrover.

They did however match Skoda, so I stayed with the AA for the Skoda and kept my Gold Membership which has free key replacement. The policy said something like £12 plus all the mandatory bits at cost on top, so the AA probably made a £12 margin on my policy.

I find the cost of the tracker renewal rather galling.
MY16 HSE Lux

chrisjheaton

Post by chrisjheaton » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:59 am

Thanks for your input guys........

I have compared several warranties from various suppliers and they all have plus or minuses on what you can claim for.
What is apparent on most, is the maximum cost per claim and/or the number of claims per year allowed.

The Land Rover warranty, while expensive, is the most comprehensive for my needs.

Claim upper limit is the purchase price of the vehicle.
No limit on the number of claims.
MOT test insurance.
7 day car hire.

And, given all the concern over DPF etc, it covers all the fuel and emissions systems.

For peace of mind, I'm going with the LR policy.

Thanks for your help. C
MY17 SE Tech 180 Auto
Firenze Red
Panoramic roof, privacy glass
InControl Protect
Stratstones Newcastle.

nmjeria

Post by nmjeria » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:05 pm

Motoreasy seems the most likely choice for me if I'm not going to doing LR's warranty as they cover DPF issues and was told by agent they send LR assistance to you, including using LR garages for repairs and diagnostics, labour etc...but mines isn't up until Nov, so will wait a while longer prior to considering.
Would love any feedback from those who went down the motoreasy route to see how good they are, or just another pack of fables to get your money.
Have tried AA warranty on past cars but they were rubbish as they sent you to halfords garages which were terrible and always an issue to pay out as the labour rates quotes were much lower as compared to London rates, so I always ended up paying out a good bit of money for jobs done.
---------------------------------------------------------
My17 indus silver HSE 19" rims 66 plate
hyundai Sante fe premium Plus 64 plate
Ford Mondeo

mick_n3

Post by mick_n3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:48 pm

nmjeria wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:05 pm
Motoreasy seems the most likely choice for me if I'm not going to doing LR's warranty as they cover DPF issues and was told by agent they send LR assistance to you, including using LR garages for repairs and diagnostics, labour etc...but mines isn't up until Nov, so will wait a while longer prior to considering.
Would love any feedback from those who went down the motoreasy route to see how good they are, or just another pack of fables to get your money.
Have tried AA warranty on past cars but they were rubbish as they sent you to halfords garages which were terrible and always an issue to pay out as the labour rates quotes were much lower as compared to London rates, so I always ended up paying out a good bit of money for jobs done.
There have been a few bad reports about motoreasy, on another LR forum I'm on especially when you don't use their local repairer, and them trying to only pay for part of a repair and trying to charge betterment for the rest.

Consensus of opinion was warranty direct was a lot better, I went with Warranty Direct with my D3 after looking at reports and going through the policies.

Having used Warranty Direct on an M3 I had the diff started to make a noise on cornering garage made the call and a new Genuine diff was authorized at a cost of £1400 just for the parts, they also replaced a turbo an E90 320d BM I had 95k miles no question new genuine unit, I just had to make a contribution as per their terms.

ntc

Post by ntc » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:41 pm

If you check Land Rover approved used only has a limit of £3250 about 3 hrs at there rate :lol: :lol:
MY 2016.7 Hse Lux 180
Gone should have built it better shame nice car cheap parts fitted from new, expensive dealers :roll:
New Rav4 AWD Dynamic LOVE IT :D

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”