Apple CarPlay

All Discovery Sport related discussions
SarahStreet

Re: Apple CarPlay

Post by SarahStreet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:12 pm

N347 was a service action released last year for SOTA updates, nothing more. It appeared circa 19a, IIRC.

At the risk of deviating from the original topic, can you PM me explaining what your issue is specifically, and what you are trying to achieve?

Many thanks

steevie_b

Post by steevie_b » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:18 pm

SarahStreet wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:12 pm
N347 was a service action released last year for SOTA updates, nothing more. It appeared circa 19a, IIRC.

At the risk of deviating from the original topic, can you PM me explaining what your issue is specifically, and what you are trying to achieve?

Many thanks
Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately not, I haven't posted enough to be allowed to PM.

Quite simply, I would like my ICTP to be updated so that CarPlay is available. I have contacted local dealers and JLR Customer Experience, who have told me that it's not possible. Perhaps I'm not asking them the right questions.
HSE Lux MY17

bilo999

Post by bilo999 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 pm

See the attached link about the complimentary update....

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/sota-upgrade.html
DS MY18 2.0 HSE Dynamic 290 - Byron Blue, Side Steps, Entertainment, Adaptive Cruise, LKA, Electric Towbar, Wade Sensing, Magna Ride and every other option!
Gone - DS MY15 2.2 HSE Lux Auto, Adaptive Lighting, Spare Wheel, 20 Black Pack, Side Steps

steevie_b

Post by steevie_b » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 pm

bilo999 wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 pm
See the attached link about the complimentary update....

https://www.landrover.co.uk/ownership/sota-upgrade.html
YEs, this is what I'm looking at.

As far I was aware, it's valid for MY16-18 (I'm 17), you needed the ICTP (which I do) and you need the ports within the arm rest (I have HDMI, SIM and 2x USB).

But the message I've been getting is that it's not available. Is this really the case? I'm sure people on here with the same spec car have got it, no?
HSE Lux MY17

sandbox

Post by sandbox » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 pm

The last paragraph of the web site might help:

“Hardware on some base models of Discovery Sport and Evoque, without the optional Nav function, may not be compatible with this Smartphone Pack update. Please confirm with your Retailer.”

So ask the Dealer if this is the issue with your DS.

Q86ARR

Post by Q86ARR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 pm

steevie_b wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:30 pm
I don't think this warrants a new thread but happy to be told otherwise.
I've got a MY17 HSE Lux with ICTP and the HDMI port in the arm rest.
The software version (I think) is 20.13-1134.
TOPIx does not say that there is an outstanding service action (N347) and two local dealerships have also said that there is no update yet (technical problems) and JLR have said that there are no outstanding updates, presumably because they've typed my VIN into TOPIx and seen that it's not there.
Is this "computer said no"? Or is there really nothing that can be done?
Steve
Currently ICTP updates under N377 have been suspended for SDD vehicles (17MY Disco Sport) while a new update process is validated. Do you have 4 tiles or 3 tiles on the touchscreen home page?

steevie_b

Post by steevie_b » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 pm

sandbox wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 pm

“Hardware on some base models of Discovery Sport and Evoque, without the optional Nav function, may not be compatible with this Smartphone Pack update. Please confirm with your Retailer.”

Hardware-wise, I think I'm good. I read that you needed the HDMI port in the arm rest, which I've got.
Q86ARR wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 pm
steevie_b wrote:
TOPIx does not say that there is an outstanding service action (N347) and two local dealerships have also said that there is no update yet (technical problems) and JLR have said that there are no outstanding updates, presumably because they've typed my VIN into TOPIx and seen that it's not there.
Steve
Currently ICTP updates under N377 have been suspended for SDD vehicles (17MY Disco Sport) while a new update process is validated. Do you have 4 tiles or 3 tiles on the touchscreen home page?
I don't know where I'm looking. Here's a photo:
HSE Lux MY17

Q86ARR

Post by Q86ARR » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:45 pm

steevie_b wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:43 pm
sandbox wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:59 pm

Hardware-wise, I think I'm good. I read that you needed the HDMI port in the arm rest, which I've got.
Q86ARR wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:28 pm
steevie_b wrote:
Steve
I don't know where I'm looking. Here's a photo:
The default home screen has 4 tiles, meaning you are not yet on Phase 4. All you can do in the mean time is wait until N377 goes live again for SDD vehicles

Iamthemanny

Post by Iamthemanny » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:36 pm

Sorry, I am very late to the party, and very ignorant to many acronyms.

Mine has ITCP, but no mention of this SOTA - what is that please, and SDD. I have contacted my dealer as I have hdmi etc and bought car in June 2017 with entertainment pack
June 17 HSE, Loire Blue, Entertainment pack, In Control Connect Pro, 2 usb sockets in second row, black roof bars.
Extra optional extra included :lol: Oil dilution issues thrown in as "Good will" due to my "Driving style" :( :( :(