ignition setting with latest SDD

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
dougy

ignition setting with latest SDD

Post by dougy » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:26 am

Hi everyone im new to using SDD but learning slowly, so much in there to do but i have purchased panasonic laptop with cable and using latest sdd
just trying now to source an battery power maintainer just to keep the voltage up there for module change or updates etc,
there is just a simple question but probably a very important one as to what position the ignition should be at when asked by sdd, on a manual car setting are just position 0 = no power, position 1 = just say radio etc, position 2 = ignition on no engine running, position 3 = engine running ?

now mine is 9 speed auto 2.2 diesel 2015 sport so the positions maybe i think PLEASE correct me if i'm wrong are open door get in don't touch anything would be position = 0

press auto start with out pressing foot brake, position = 1

press brake then autostart Engine running position = 2

no position 3 i presume ??

thx guys

cortezone

Re: ignition setting with latest SDD

Post by cortezone » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Hi dougy,
Were you able to get your battery power maintainer? Where did you get one and for how much? I got myself a vxdiag vcx nano. Trying to set up the vx manager on a Windows 10 machine. No joy yet. Might have to go find myself Windows 7 or 8.

Q86ARR

Post by Q86ARR » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:54 pm

When SDD asks for ignition on, press the start button without pressing the brake pedal so just the ignition comes on, no engine running

DiscoM

Post by DiscoM » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:13 pm

Can you enable the timed climate with the vxdiag?