Engine Oil

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Kruddler

Engine Oil

Post by Kruddler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:23 pm

I was looking at oil in advance to my first oil change (I have currently done 1000 miles from new) when I chanced across this deal. At the moment, all engine oil and other some components are 45% discounted. This means that 12 litres is coming in at £67.63 (original price £122.97) using code egg80

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Land ... b+Networks

I plan to change mine every 6k so this will see me through the first couple.

Happy Shopping!
MY19 DS Landmark, Corris Grey, Navrik Black Roof, 511 20" Black Wheels, Dynamic Front Grill, Aluminium Shift Paddles, Black Roof Bars.

Located in Edinburgh

''They'll be back and In greater numbers....''

DiscoSportDave

Re: Engine Oil

Post by DiscoSportDave » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:53 am

Always discoutn codes on at ECP, and their sister carparts4less site (use the item number from ECP to search in CP4L) - CP4L is free delivery, and dependent upon the offer codes can be cheaper than using ECP and collecting at your local depot.

Also carpartsbargains on ebay is another sister ECP company - sometimes even cheaper than either of their websites (even after discount codes)

12litres of Syntium currently under £62 at ECP with FLASH50 code
MY19 Landmark - Narvik Black, Traffic Sign Recognition, Reduced Spare Wheel, Alloy Pedals

nmjeria

Re: Engine Oil

Post by nmjeria » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Dear All,

I'm sort of new to the forum, although registered a few months ago I must thank each and everyone for their worthwhile posting which has helped me tremendously. I unfortunately discovered this forum after taking possession of 66 plate disco sport at 21000 miles and though i have no problems with it as yet, just trying to get to terms with some concerns that I have.

i have read with fear and interest of oil dilution and decided to change my oil at the 1000 miles/1 year mark instead of 2 years as per LR recommendation. My Last service with LR was at 21444. Can anyone direct me to the specific oil and filter I would need, or anything else needed. I'm also in the London area and hoping I can get a recommendation for a good licenced independent to have them carry out the work, as I still have a few months of warranty left on the vehicle. I'm also planning on taking LR's extended warranty when my 3 year option is up. I've read of too many issues and certainly don't want to take any chances.

Additionally my vehicle was first registered in Nov 2016 however on the Topix website they call it MY17, would it be accurate to say its then a 2017 model, or midyear 2016? I always get confused on this.

Grateful for any assistance which could be provided and thanks to every member for providing such invaluable information to new disco owners like myself.
---------------------------------------------------------
My17 indus silver HSE 19" rims 66 plate
hyundai Sante fe premium Plus 64 plate
Ford Mondeo

Return to “Faults & Technical”