Advice on best main dealer

All Discovery Sport related discussions
Gary s

Advice on best main dealer

Post by Gary s » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:09 am

Hi all, looking for a bit of feedback and some advice on the best user friendly and fair main dealer in and around the central Scotland area., car is new but not purchased from up here so just trying to gauge the best main dealer to use than anyone on this forum who has had good experiences can recommend

roydonaldson

Re: Advice on best main dealer

Post by roydonaldson » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:05 am

I've used Taggarts Glasgow North for my servicing, the engineers are pretty good, but the service dept. experience that I've had at two of the dealers now has been much of a muchness.

Other option in the Glasgow are is Monarch Garage, which are a good independent option.
2017 Discovery Pro, HSE, Nav Pro.

PeterM

Post by PeterM » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:26 pm

I live just to the West of Glasgow, when buying I got quotes from various places including Taggarts South which is the closest to my home but went with Parks in Ayr. Felt was being pushed too much towards PCP by Taggarts when I wanted to buy.

I have been taking it back to Parks for servicing and so far they have been excelent, just plan on a morning in Ayr. Only grumble in comparison to the VW dealer (just along the road from them) who supplied and service my wife's car is that they run a shuttle into the town centre and Parks don't.

Another chap at work takes his DS to Taggarts North for servicing, he's said they are fine and the convinence of being close to the office allowing it to be dropped off in the morning and collected at night wins.

Regards

Peter
MY17 DS HSE 180D Auto Fuji White / Black 7 seats + spare (Scotland) Aug 17

Barnsh

Post by Barnsh » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Highlander had a pretty bad experience with parks , painful rejection of his D5.
On a good note they are utterly clueless on consumer law so rejection succeeded , but bad to deal with in a troublesome situation 😂

Appreciate a lot of folks do have good dealers , but the only way to class a dealer as good is how he handles major issues. And not just the run of the mill issues that anyone could sort. That’s the time you find out whether they are good or bad , helpful or not. Sometimes it’s too late.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9173
My18 FPace, 25t, BRG, R Sport, Auto. 18 way mem Seats, ActiveLED, PrivGlass, ICTP, blis, cooled gloves, spare.
MY17 HSE 180 gone
My16.5 DS 180 b pillar tick ~ rejected :oops:
My16 DS 180 ~ rejected :oops:

decho

Post by decho » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:10 pm

I’ve been using Pentland at Newbridge for 8 years now with FL2s and now DS and never had any issues...but then I’ve never needed anything done other than servicing. They were good though when my first FL2 developed rust on the tailgate(common fault) and fixed without Question.
Beautiful 2018 Landmark in Corris Grey....with ugly LR tow bar!

Gary s

Post by Gary s » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 am

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated
Pentland Newbridge are only ten minutes on the motorway for me so certainly the nearest, suppose you only find out how good a dealer is when you actually have an issue and how good they are at resolving that I suppose, just wanted to check if anyone had had a real bad experience and there was one to avoid at all costs purely down to if any of the common rear disc corrosion or over frequent oil changes crop up I would at least have a fighting chance with a good understanding dealer

Simportant

Post by Simportant » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:45 am

Hi,
I bought my car at Taggarts Glasgow North and have been back to them for an oil change, AdBlu & a full DPF replacement - I've always found them helpfull. They even called me about a note the engineer made during the oil change about rusty rear brakes (3 months after the note was made).

I took the car in for a brake inspection (at their request) whereupon they said they would replace under warrenty. All done in 2 1/2 hours. Fair play to them. Not so much JLR and the car as I've had all these issues and the car has only covered 7,800 miles since Dec 2017 (new).

My view is if you treat people with repect they will recipricate in kind.
MY18 DS HSE Black 2.0 TD4 180 Auto, Santorini, ICTP/825w Meridian.

Gary s

Post by Gary s » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:21 am

Hi Simportant, thanks for your message, thats low mileage to have been unfortunate to have these problems but great to hear all was sorted for you with minimal fuss.
I am really hoping the brake issue has been sorted now by using a better quality discs as my car is brand new ( March 19), but only time will tell, I tend do do high motorway mileage so the oil dilution is something I am keeping an eye on as I dont know where I will stand with this on a new model and if I would have any chance of having the free goodwill oil changes in between services.

Koevoet

Post by Koevoet » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:06 pm

I have used Pentland at Newbridge for three cars, our FL2, then replaced with an Evoque and now or Si240 DS. Found them very good to deal with, went above and beyond when simple issue with the Evoque ( speaker grill cracked) and parts list would only offer a complete door card, left the issue with them and had grill delivered FOC from original manufacturer. DS had a minor paint flaw upon collection, no dispute and rear hatch paint correction completed. Like you , they are only 10 min down the M9 for me.
MY2019 DS HSE petrol 240, Firenze red with Contrasting black roof ,18" dark grey rims,camera's etc
Gone : Lexus NX 300H
In the garage for fundays: Porsche 981 Boxster S, PSE ,PASM,LSD, PTV, Sport chrono and manual gearbox :D

Gary s

Post by Gary s » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Cheers Koevoet, hope I get the same here at this end, have just purchased a service plan from them this afternoon so they will be the dealer I use just now, I was slightly let down by them on Saturday as they point blank refused to replace a wing mirror glass that shattered during defrost, but this has now been approved by LR customer services and they were only acting upon warranty rules I suppose, but would have liked them to have at least offered to try on my behalf

Return to “Main Discovery Sport chat”