Rattle in Pillar

Faults and Technical chat for the Discovery Sport
Albin

Rattle in Pillar

Post by Albin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Dear All,

your assistance will be appreciated. I have been driving my DS 17' for the past 18 months with this rattle coming from both pillars and rear seats I think.
After going many times to the dealership (I am in Ivory Coast), the issue still remain. I know it's been documented on many threads here, but would it be possible for some of you that have experienced to actually post pictures of the effective solutions so I can have this issue solved definitely (it is a nightmare as of now)
Thanks.

Dashnine

Re: Rattle in Pillar

Post by Dashnine » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 pm

The infamous ‘B Pillar’ rattle fix is a full body shop job involving chiselling the door frame welds apart, very invasive if you search on here you can find the document instructing dealers what to do. It’s not guaranteed to fix it however.... Alternatively, you’re in a very hot climate there was an issue with the black plastic covers on the doors rattling when warm, taping them up on the inside of the door with rattle tape stopped it, again search for details.

The rear seats were known to rattle when not fully back, but it could also be the luggage cover, I think both are fixed using adhesive felt to fill the gaps, and yes, a search will probably tell you more.

Others may come along with more details, options, etc.
MY19 P240 HSE, Indus Silver, Black Pack, Privacy Glass, 12 Way Memory Seats, Roof Rails, Spacesaver, Cold Climate Pack, 2 x USB in 1st & 2nd rows.
Gone: MY16 D180 HSE Black, Santorini Black

Return to “Faults & Technical”