Discovery Sport Forum banner

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Dashnine 
#1 ·
Hi, joined site to find out more about the sport. Was looking to buy new petrol one but will now wait until new model seen sometime in 2019 hopefully.
However I am now considering getting a used diesel for short term. Can anyone recommend the manual over the auto.

Dave

#2 ·
Welcome. I was wondering the same - but I decided to buy petrol now (to get rid of the diesel), as I don't think the new DS is going to be until 2020 at the earliest.

The new Evoque is next in 2019, the Defender is 2020 so even if LR do two launches a year the new DS won't be until 2020, I suspect maybe even 2021. There don't seem to be that many prototype DS running around Warwickshire yet, seems to be mainly test track work.

I like the auto, needs to be driven a particular way to get the best out of it - it's a chalk and cheese gearbox as you will find endlessly on here. DS manuals I've driven as courtesy cars, nothing special but I wanted autos.

#3 ·
Having said that, looking at AutoExpress, and if it's just a facelift with a new dash then it may well be MY20. There was a thought it'd be on the new platform under the new Evoque, so a new model rather than a facelift.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.