Discovery Sport Forum banner

is it possible to add on features

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  screech 
#1 ·
Hello Discosport lovers,
Im a proud owner of a DiscoSport SE from Germany. I recently came across this group and i would like to ask few queries to know if someone in this group already tried it or not.
> As i have SE model i dont have few of the features on my Discosport like automated tailgate, and front sensors for ACC, and remote climate options.
These options i feel now its worth having it. Wonder if anyone enabled them if they didnt have it ? or do any suggestions on how to enable them would be great.
Here in Germany the dealers wont do any such things. Wonder if i can get it done.
Thank you in advance for your suggestion. Appreciate it.
BR,
Dhanu

#7 ·
#8 ·
Well, you CAN add the electric tailgate.

Haven't tried it yet due to budget constraints, but there are two routes confirmed by the dealer: stock equipment (new or ebay) - the required components are: tailgate harness, electric tailgate module, electric struts, edge pinch protection strips and open/close button. It's a matter of enabling this feature through the dealer computer and would not be difficult, as all onboard system versions are ready for this, using original remotes and cabin buttons. The other option is https://www.che1.com, also known as Autoease - they have successfully added the electric tailgate option to lots of vehicles, including the disco sport. Seems to be working great, too and is the less expensive option if you are buying new equipment.

Last year the cost was (if I remember correctly) around GBP 700-800 for the factory new parts option, and Autoease looks like USD 400 at the moment. It's a DIY job or one for any car workshop, really.

So there's that.

As for the other stuff, I haven't done any research, as my car is an HSE, so has all the other useful goodies installed already.

#9 ·
screech said:
Well, you CAN add the electric tailgate.

Haven't tried it yet due to budget constraints, but there are two routes confirmed by the dealer: stock equipment (new or ebay) - the required components are: tailgate harness, electric tailgate module, electric struts, edge pinch protection strips and open/close button. It's a matter of enabling this feature through the dealer computer and would not be difficult, as all onboard system versions are ready for this, using original remotes and cabin buttons. The other option is https://www.che1.com, also known as Autoease - they have successfully added the electric tailgate option to lots of vehicles, including the disco sport. Seems to be working great, too and is the less expensive option if you are buying new equipment.

Last year the cost was (if I remember correctly) around GBP 700-800 for the factory new parts option, and Autoease looks like USD 400 at the moment. It's a DIY job or one for any car workshop, really.

So there's that.

As for the other stuff, I haven't done any research, as my car is an HSE, so has all the other useful goodies installed already.
Only caveat to that is if you get any software updates, they may overwrite any changes you have made ( enabling/disabling items) , so unless you can configure this yourself you may end up paying for an update each time. This has already been mentioned on here.

One jag owner pays £60 to get winter park re enabled after every software update on ICTP.
By default this is not "congigurable" on certain models. Huge rip off but that's life.

#10 ·
Yeah, well - it all depends on who you deal with. I am lucky to have normal folks in the service department of my dealership and they said it's not a problem to enable this option when required down the road. I'm sure if you negotiate and are on friendly terms with the correct people, this won't be a problem.

The Chinese option bypasses the original software completely, using its own magic boxes tapping into the remote and button signal in the dashboard, so this might be a safer bet for some.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.