Discovery Sport Forum banner

Phase 4 ICTP (188) ONLY For 17c / 3.5 see other threads.

180K views 542 replies 38 participants last post by  roydonaldson 
#1 ·
There looks to be another phase update for ICTP in the near future which includes a totally new layout .
It's a one way update with no going back to the old screens.

It's mentioned for Velar and FPace .
We know the new FPace for MY 19 will have this installed , so it looks like it will come out for the Landrover too as the Velar is down for this change also in MY19. (27 days time)

I thought I'd start a new thread as 17c is a bit long now and this is a new look screen and new version.

No Apple car play, but on Twitter CRC stated this is due out soon & developers are working on it.

http://www.fpaceforum.com/forum/electronics/44289-ictp-phase-4-18b-update.html

#302 ·
Some findings with 18c and Car play

Well some interesting findings
Closed the "choice box" on plugging in the iPhone, this lets me control music on the phone by voice as before. As before though "bob the bloke in ICTP" as I now call him is sulking having been updated and appears to have to "learn " my voice all over again .
So a few attempts at different artists ( changing album by voice every two minutes makes an interesting drive) and he's back getting the hang of it.

I can then go in and select car play , the source used by ICTP for the iPhone through USB then dissapeared, only way to get that back is disconnect the phone. So Car Play abd ICTP Music abd Voice are exclusive it's an either or not both.

I noticed 2 new quirks though.
Playing an album through ICTP gives me a left and right panel in the ICTP display , the left being the one you can scroll up and down to wether news etc. The main showing the track playing , forwards , backwards, shuffle etc.
I stopped for petrol , when you move the gear selector to R for reverse , you get the 360 camera is the screen , that's good. However when you then go forwards again it goes back to showing only the left hand pane for music selection. The right hand pane is now blank, light grey pattern!
Changing the source and back again gives you the right hand pane back again.
So if you've reversed your right hand music pane can dissapear.

When I stopped for petrol, locked, then came out and restarted it didn't pick up the iPhone , still connected to USB, as music source and started playing the radio. I changed source to iPhone and it started if playing where it left off correctly.
So it looks like it forgets source on switching off the engine and restarting after a fuel stop with the phone remaining connected.

#303 ·
Interesting Barnsh.

I will slightly challenge point 2, as I use the Shell App on ICTP quite regularly for refuelling - when starting the engine again, the phone remains connected to the vehicle and displays a short summary of where/pump number/litres/cost etc, and the music carries on where it left off.

I'm thinking the only difference is that you locked your vehicle and I didn't, therefore everything remained connected despite the engine being off.

Next time I refuel, I'll try locking/unlocking the car and see if it has dropped the connection like yours does.

#304 ·
I've noticed now it defaults to radio on engine start which is a little annoying but not the end of the World. Maybe a bug fix for 17D?

#305 ·
RPR said:
I've noticed now it defaults to radio on engine start which is a little annoying but not the end of the World. Maybe a bug fix for 17D?
Yep that's what mine did , Radio , so had to re- select source to carry on where you left off.
Trivial , but worked before 18c.

Edit.
It seems to loose the fact your phone is connected to the usb. I say this as it doesn't give you the choice box for car play , in control Apps on restart after locking.

#306 ·
Badgerface said:
Interesting Barnsh.

I will slightly challenge point 2, as I use the Shell App on ICTP quite regularly for refuelling - when starting the engine again, the phone remains connected to the vehicle and displays a short summary of where/pump number/litres/cost etc, and the music carries on where it left off.

I'm thinking the only difference is that you locked your vehicle and I didn't, therefore everything remained connected despite the engine being off.

Next time I refuel, I'll try locking/unlocking the car and see if it has dropped the connection like yours does.
In Control Apps may stay connected ?? But yep try locking and reopening , which most folks would do at a petrol station if not using ICApps

#308 ·
msflsim said:
Stealer is trying to charge me £250+VAT for the Phase 4 apple carplay software. How did other get around this?
To get it free you need to have some faults
So any or better all of the following should do.

Reverse camera is intermittent
Screen goes blank occasionally , once a week.
In control Apps keeps dropping out.
Phone drops out during calls

So you've not had a working system since you bought it. So think it's unfare to charge to get a working system .

#309 ·
I have experienced the following:

Sound system crackling (radio, bluetooth)
The screen getting stuck at night mode during the day
Reverse camera doesn't turn on every time, it does first time but if I am doing multiple turns then it switches to the screen with sensors

Would that be enough?

Barnsh said:
msflsim said:
Stealer is trying to charge me £250+VAT for the Phase 4 apple carplay software. How did other get around this?
To get it free you need to have some faults
So any or better all of the following should do.

Reverse camera is intermittent
Screen goes blank occasionally , once a week.
In control Apps keeps dropping out.
Phone drops out during calls

So you've not had a working system since you bought it. So think it's unfare to charge to get a working system .

#312 ·
msflsim said:
They said that because I am experiencing some issue with the system that they will do the update but I have to pay £100 if I want the smartphone thing. Hmm
They tried that with me ...my answer.

"Well other dealers are doing it free for those with issues, I can't see why you, my dealer, chooses to charge me, perhaps you should just do the 4 hour18c update and I'll get the 20 minuite update to car play elsewhere. But don't expect to get a good report of my experience through Customer Services for this inconvenience, as I don't really feel valued at all"

A long pause then " Ok I'll see what I can do ".......comes back...it's free .😂

PS update to 18c is always free!

#313 ·
msflsim said:
They said that because I am experiencing some issue with the system that they will do the update but I have to pay £100 if I want the smartphone thing. Hmm
Seriously, cheeky buggers. Money was never mentioned for my update

#315 ·
Your dealer is as ignorant and ineffective as most, sadly. The release is only available for MY17>

Tell him to read the release notes, and preferably adhere to them when upgrading a customers car. Your dealer, like so many, does not fill me with any confidence!

#318 ·
That's most annoying Roy.

Yes mine was done today but they couldn't deliver the car back to me tonight.

Tomorrow I will be calling them asking to check that the Apple Car Play icon is on the home screen before they deliver it back to me!

I've noticed that in the £62,500 68 plate Discovery they have given me doesn't have the apple or android option on the Home Screen, so it's obviously not enabled on that ridiculously expensive car! Outrageous!

I thought it was a given but obviously not !

Wish me luck!!

Keep us posted Roy [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#319 ·
I know it sounds obvious but it's not on the main home screen but the first swipe to the right.

#320 ·

Attachments

#321 ·
The artwork certainly isn't fixed. JLR are still working on it! :evil:

The are trying though ..... very trying :lol:

Product Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Attachments

#323 ·
Ok, they knew nothing about it until I told them. Supposedly another 2 1/2hour download for the car and I didn't have time. Back in on Tuesday.

Another interesting thing, once I've had the upgrade to 18C, I don't have the top left heated seats icons any more and the seat icon has been replaced with a bluetooth icon.

Light Font Gadget Display device Audio equipment

Attachments

#324 ·
Swipe to the left (screen 2 with the icons) and you will see the Seats soft key. Or push the button, whatever you prefer. Once activated, your icon will re-appear top left as before.

#326 ·
Ok car is back from dealer as of 20mins ago! Yay!

Apple CarPlay enabled! Yay!!

Only played for 5 mins, but the functionality possible without touching the phone is awesome. Love it. I'm a Deezer and Waze user so perfect so far.

What other CarPlay apps are good?

Where do I go in the menu's to see what specific version I'm at?

Also, Bluetooth artwork works fine for me using Deezer.

Cheers all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.