Discovery Sport Forum banner

Hello

4K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Hi all
New to the forum
Just sold a 2013 Freelander 2 and picking up a 2017 HSE black Saturday

Is it true to say when you buy a LR brand new you no longer get a paper service book as it is all held online now?
Do you still get a user manual or is that the same?

#2 ·
Yes service is online you can see that when you register for OSH .
I git a hard copy handbook in my DS , but found the online one better to look things up.

#4 ·
Paperless, and online, just like your MY13 Freelander would have been.
The user manual will be in the document pack, or available to view online as well.

Enjoy..

#5 ·
Barnsh said:
Yes service is online you can see that when you register for OSH .
Slight change in that you no longer need to register for online service history, it is exclusively VIN driven as of last month.

#6 ·
Welcome seven_no1,
Enjoy your DS once you get it, not long to wait until Saturday.

#8 ·
Hi seven_no1

Welcome, and re towing a caravan:

I've done 3 trips towing a Hobby 540 loaded to about 1600kg. About 3,000 miles total.(NorthernSpain/Brittany/Southern France). This is the best tow car I've owned in 40 years. You barely feel the presence of the 'van. Happy with 26-28 mpg towing. Don't know which tow bar you are going for, but I'm happy with the factory-fitted deployable job. Milenco Grand Aero mirrors work well.

Hope you enjoy the new motor, and happy touring!!

#9 ·
Hi all again
Got the car yesterday. Not good!!
1 and a half hours into my trip home on the M25, limited Perform warning came on and in limp mode. Drove it another 20 miles to the nearest services and filled up with diesel as it was low. Started the car and no warning light. Drove the rest of the way home in Reading no issues
Got up to take the wife to work this morning and had a low coolant warning!!!
Haven't had the car 24 hours yet and 2 issues already. Not very happy
I know it's under warranty but shouldn't be getting these issues with a 2017 model with just over 9k miles?

#11 ·
Thanks for the advice. I didn't buy from a LR dealership, got it from Saxton 4X4 in Chelmsford
The guy from the dealership got back to me this morning and was of course very apologetic, and assured me he will speak to their service manager and come back to me tomorrow!
In the meantime I think I will speak to my local LR dealer (Lancaster Reading) tomorrow and see what they have to say

2 things I noticed though, there was no parcel shelf in the back. Was told the 7 seaters don't come with one? Thought a bit strange! Also when I got home I noticed there was no CD player. Drove it over 2 and a half hours home and never noticed!!!

Apart from these Shenanigans, I like the car a lot

#12 ·
You still have the right to reject no matter what dealership it is.

I've heard of Saxtons, they are very sales driven, but attract criticism for customer relations.

As for the 7 seater thing, of course they come with a rear parcel shelf, but the CD player only comes with the upgraded infortainment system. Just means you have to load your songs up on a memory stick and use that of via your phone.

#13 ·
As Highlander, of course it comes with a retractable rear parcel shelf.

I would be looking to return it, as it sounds a bit iffy to me. Just out of interest, what are the first two letters on the number plate.

#15 ·
They all have a parcel shelf in uk
CD player only comes with ICTP the 8 inch screen.

Sorry to here you have troubles at the outset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.