Discovery Sport Forum banner

In Control Journeys have stoped showing !

5K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  simon 
#1 ·
My In Control App has been working fine on my two phones but Journeys have suddenly stopped being recorded.
can see all journeys up to and including 13th July (a bit ominous I know). Is same on both phones. Have turned journey recording off and on in apps but no difference.
Does anyone know if it is possible to reboot the car end or is it a job for dealer?

#2 ·
I have had "gaps" too but they seem to get added after a few days

#4 ·
Hi Chippy
That was my first thought but we have two different phones, each with there own apps and both displaying same problem so don't think reinstalling the apps will help.

#5 ·
I think this is the press and 'hold the Assistance button in the roof for 15 secs then take the car for a drive' job to test car the car to LR. You can always check the journey logs on a PC too.

#6 ·
Check the journey logs on your pc or tablet or whatever, if they are there then its an app glitch. Also try the obvious re-booting etc that seems to resolve many software issues.

#7 ·
As -9 says, use the Call button to reset and re-sync the car to the LR servers. Log out of the app first. Re-sync. Do a short journey. Log back in. Usually works.

I posted the process on another thread but can't find it quickly to repost here.

#9 ·
Found the DM I had from LRCS:

1. Log out and close down the app completely on your phone.
2. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive. We often advise to do this on a regular commute.
3. Press and hold the "B-Call" button in the overhead console for 15 second
4. Start and load the app once again and log in.

This should have reset you InControl App and resynchronised it to your vehicle.

#10 ·
Strangely, mines developed the same problem, last couple of weeks. LR web-site, etc as much use as a chocolate tea pot !! Think it might be a trip to my local main dealer Saturday, see if they have anybody helpful available, which is probably asking a lot, without an appointment.

#11 ·
Tried everything suggested today - several times but still the same.
Assume B-Call button is the assistance button - not SOS button??
Or should I be pressing the SOS button for 15 seconds?? Didn't want to end up with all 3 emergency services responding!!
Can't find any reference in handbook which calls the button a "B-Call" button.

#12 ·
B-Call is what LR call the assistance button. The left hand one ! NOT THE SOS ONE !!

Hold until the light blinks on and off - this is then syncing the car with the servers.

#13 ·
Thanks Simon - that's the one I used - I tried it twice at different times but journeys still not registering.
Will try once more, then I think it will have to wait till I go back to Listers for any other work.
Everything else on In Control seems to still work ok including location map.
Thanks for your help.

#14 ·
Are they listed on your My Land Rover InControl site ? If not then Listers need to check the telematics module in the DS as it would then seem as though the DS is not syncing correctly (or at all).

https://incontrol.landrover.com/

Did you log out of the App and also force quit the app to make sure it was not running ?

#15 ·
Hi Simon - all sorted now and thanks for pointing me in the right direction - had never accessed In Control from anything other than our mobile phones before. Logged in via PC and all the journeys were there, so have now uninstalled and reinstalled apps on phones and all now working as it should.
You obviously have inside knowledge! It has been much appreciated - that is the beauty of this forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.